The new "Rule of Center"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Aw...sorry I disappointed everyone! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Wot?

How?

I'm probably just retarded but I don't get this last post.

Because everyone thought there was a TPF romance in the making, and I sort of squashed it...but ottor, I looked at your website...you take some great photos. I look forward to seeing more...

Rule of thirds ??? I think not !!!

4484792818_ddce4c822a_b.jpg

This = "Bullseye!" :thumbup:

Now, I could be wrong (I have been more than once in my life) but I seem to remember ottor being married... :lmao:

Don't get too serious on us please...

This is the kind of thread that confuses me. I expected to see lots of people saying they would like to have seen it from another angle. Its a farming machine wheel of some sort and its shot straight on. While i agree it has a lot of detail, nice lines, colors, etc...I just cant get all giddy about now......However, this is the kind of shot i would have been proud of a few months ago. But after reading so much C&C on here, i figured this would be considered boring. I agree that centering does work here. I just didnt expect so many others to agree. I have so much to learn....:er:

Well, this one does have dynamics, despite its being shot straight on. The spokes show in all directions, and it is those diagonal lines along with the few straight ones, that give the dynamics. It could have had even MORE had the light been lower and had there been more and deeper shadows, but all in all this one DOES work head on and centred.

I really like the shot and the framing.
As for the rules, I personally can't be bothered with them. If I want it in the center, upside down, then that's where it is going!!!!!!

[
...but ottor, I looked at your website...you take some great photos. I look forward to seeing more...

I apprecate it... Thanks for the nice words.. and - I agree - rust on things just provde .. "Character" - I always have to stop and take a second look.... :mrgreen:

This is the kind of thread that confuses me. I expected to see lots of people saying they would like to have seen it from another angle. Its a farming machine wheel of some sort and its shot straight on. While i agree it has a lot of detail, nice lines, colors, etc...I just cant get all giddy about now......However, this is the kind of shot i would have been proud of a few months ago. But after reading so much C&C on here, i figured this would be considered boring. I agree that centering does work here. I just didnt expect so many others to agree. I have so much to learn....:er:

Just consider that there are other views that may be more interesting than this. Radial symmetry is, dare I say, "easy"?

With all due respect. There is only one real rule in photography, the rest are merely suggestions. That rule is simple.

If the artist/customer likes it that is what really matters.

All the rest is just fluff.

Otter, I am neither the artist nor the customer, but for what it is worth, I like the shot as well.

Indeed, this works great centered, and I too LOVE the colors. Very interesting.

Up and to the left looking down may be an interesting angle, but I still like this.

I wonder how this would look if it had been shot with a fisheye....

I wonder what I could do if I 'owned' a fisheye !!!:(

Come on ............ Powerball !!

Most reactions

Back