The Nikkormat FT 2

smithdan

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This one arrived almost three years ago in a box of cameras from the local thrift store. A cleanup and dusting and a new ballery made it work. Internet info says that it was Nikon's reasonably priced model so no surprise as to it's quality, ruggedness and performance. A day or so later I spotted the lens in the dump Salvage Shed, so a quality camera and two Nikkor lenses for $30 or so was not hard to pass up. The lens had a sticky apeture so it was put aside. Shot a roll of HP4 then, finally got around to cleaning the Zoom Nikkor 35 105 and a test drive this week, TX 400 , both in D76 1:1.

Cleaned up nice, a couple of trim covers missing and a bite out of the advance lever plastic.
IMGP4056es.jpg

IMGP4060es.jpg

The Nikons of the time had more features and this one has it's quirks but I don't think that I would have felt left out by not having the richer cousin.

So off we went, dull late Winter day, these with the 50mm f2.

NFT2-1-021es.jpg

NFT2-1-025es.jpg

NFT2-1-024es.jpg

..and a few days ago with the 35 - 105 zoom, first @35mm

NFT2-2-003es.jpg

..then 105mm

NFT2-2-004es.jpg

and the "macro" setting, bit soft but nice character.

NFT2-2-017es.jpg

Not too shabby for a kit zoom.

Nice. 'Mats were tough old birds. They strayed from that bomb-proof formula with the semi-electronic EL whose ability to do aperture-priority with NAI lenses wasn't a big selling point. Had a pretty black one that developed a wildly jumpy meter needle thanks to a worn ring resistor. Enjoy!

Nice. 'Mats were tough old birds. They strayed from that bomb-proof formula with the semi-electronic EL whose ability to do aperture-priority with NAI lenses wasn't a big selling point. Had a pretty black one that developed a wildly jumpy meter needle thanks to a worn ring resistor. Enjoy!
My old EL2 is still working just fine.

Then last month, saw a nikkor 28mm f 2.8 on buy and sell. Owner said it worked but was scratched up hence the $35 price.

IMGP1163es.jpg

IMGP1166es.jpg

After a quick clean up, here's what it did to some FP4.

NFT2-3-005ecs.jpg

NFT2-3-006ers.jpg

NFT2-3-019es.jpg

....working on a Nikkormat kit on a tight budget...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back