What's new

The Old Piano

awe

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a set of pictures I shot today. Since it's really an old piano, I wanted them to look a little bit lo-fi and dark, with all the dust and scratches.
The pictures are pretty similar, so I'm curious to know which one you like the most.

EDIT: See post #6 for a new picture.

425544512_e56035c614_d.jpg


Bigger version here: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/179/425544512_d40ff72b87_o_d.jpg


425519686_a55ce13a6f_d.jpg


Bigger version here: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/425519686_6695d61417_o_d.jpg


425520611_0f7eee7fc2_d.jpg


Bigger version here: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/425520611_f43558727c_o_d.jpg


425523032_965888bfa5_d.jpg


Bigger version here: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/155/425523032_02cd3714f0_o_d.jpg


425521760_86933eb947_d.jpg


Bigger version here: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/184/425521760_15847a2fb7_o_d.jpg
 
I like how you can see all the marks in it... character !!
 
Thanks man! The marks are part of what I wanted to show, so it's really a compliment. But it's a shame that the piano sounds much worse than it looks...
 
Nice job! I really like them all, but particularly the first and fourth.
 
Thank you! #1 is also one of my favorites, probably along with #3.
 
I would love to see the whole piano in one view. Nice closeups however.
 
I like #1, but the rest are equally nice.
 
Thank you both!

@Matt: I'd love to see that, too :D As a matter of fact, I'm working on it, but the rooms is less then ideal, which is why I'll have to move the piano a bit and play with the lighting. I don't have the time right now, but I'll definitely do it, since it's really a beautiful piano, with candleholders and everything.

Also, I'm working on close-ups of the strings and the whole mechanics in general.
 
That sounds like a cool shot...with the hammers and strings! Look forward to seeing it!!

Oh great. Now people have expectations and I have to get it done :lol: But I surely will, and I'll keep you posted!
 
Very cool closeups. Makes you think about all the music that has been produced through that piano's lifetime.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom