What's new

The Phone Booth

xs400

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 7, 2007
Messages
266
Reaction score
0
Location
San Francisco Bay Area
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Call me!!

phonebooth.jpg
 
this would have worked so well as an HDR.
 
I like the original shot.

The shadows (lack of light) are what makes mood and ambiance
(well as least to me)

take away the shadows and you have potentially boring shot you might as well take in the daylight. I dont know if anyone else thinks like me. But I like the shadows.

Also when you light up everything in the shot you lose focus and the subject isnt nearly as powerful. Just my 2 cents...
 
I like the original shot.

The shadows (lack of light) are what makes mood and ambiance
(well as least to me)

take away the shadows and you have potentially boring shot you might as well take in the daylight. I dont know if anyone else thinks like me. But I like the shadows.

Also when you light up everything in the shot you lose focus and the subject isnt nearly as powerful. Just my 2 cents...

That's my feeling as well.
 
I mean HDR to have a background. The deep black in the right of the frame. Shooting +2 EV should have brought out some detail.
 
Whenever that happens look to the highlights, its your culprit,
see how dangerously close the light in the booth is to being blown out.
thats why theres no background on the right side.
 
Whenever that happens look to the highlights, its your culprit,
see how dangerously close the light in the booth is to being blown out.
thats why theres no background on the right side.

yes, which is why I say to use HDR. 3 exposures, use the highlights from the dark exposure to save from blowout, and use the shadows from the bright exposures to bring out detail on the right.
 
alas....

someday youll understand dslrnoob less is more...

;)
 
Yes. The whole reason the picture works is because there's no background.
 
Yes. The whole reason the picture works is because there's no background.

no, there's half a background, either get rid of the left half, or add in the right half, don't just do half. That's how I feel.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom