Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for taking a look !

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p330219113-4.jpg

Wow. That's it just Wow.

Simply in awe, great patience for the deer to come in the shot. Everything about this is excellent!

Excellent composition Dwayne. The doe in the lower right hand are really makes the shot work!

Could you maybe tell us how you're doing your brand of soft focus? It looks like a new layer, a Gaussian blur, and then an application of the multiply filter, followed by a lessening of the blur using maybe the curves adjustment.

Or is there some secret Dwayne method???

Orton effect again. Dwayne likes this, IIRC. This is the first application I've seen of it that particularly appealed to me (and also the first time I've been able to go "Oh hey! Orton effect!")

Very neat, and very interesting. Really well done. (hell of a shot just by itself actually)

Thanks for posting this Dwayne. Neat to see!

Thank you very much for the comments everyone !!

Here are the settings in Nikon Capture NX2 to get the Orton-effect look.
These settings should also work in PS.

1-move the midtone slider in (levels) so the photo goes alot brighter

2-using the (gaussian blur) tool move the radius slider so the photo goes very blurry

3-go into (blending mode) and select multiply

4-readjust the sliders in (levels) if necessary

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

Well done on the composition with this lovely hind!
Can we see the original shot? I am not a great fan of that blurred effect I unfortunately often see...

looks like a CGI screenshot from buck hunter, ha, pretty cool shot tho, just too computer looking for me, i love the composition of the deer tho.

Hello..
I must say that this is really awesome photograph you have taken of the pine forest and of course the doe. This photograph is looking really very neat and I think you have very good passions. I appreciate you for this photograph and thank you very much for sharing this photograph with us. You have done a great job and keep doing good work like this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back