The Player

santoshrane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw this guy playing flute in taxim Istanbul. Everyone was clicking his picture from the front. I wanted to click something different, so I got on one side and tried a frame.

Dunno what else I could have done.

I liked his shy and humble expression as he played his piece and just stopped playing.

The dof has spread well to make my subject properly exposed.

Please give me your feedback on this one. I'll be going tomo again to try and get some shots.

I have touched this picture for colour only.

e7ygeheg.jpg

Santosh Rane

1. It's a clarinet.
2. Subject should be more prominent in the frame.
3. The crowd is distracting IMO.
4. If you want him to pose better, drop some money in his hat. Or clarinet case, whatever.

I would back up a bit and shoot their whole body and the street. Lower angle I mean.

If he has a hat for money, include that also.

I see why you're drawn to him. I would be also :)

Thank you for your comments. . I'm shooting this at 45mm and im looking forward to get a 18-200. I tried going back but had people on the left crowded and were getting in the frame. There were 7 ppl...big camera n lenses all over him with others.

Even initially after I clicked I saw the distraction of people more and maybe he could have been more a part of the frame.

Thank you for giving me your feedback.. Today I hope he is around and I get to click more.

And yes...clarinet. .not a flute :)

Santosh Rane

Well, you can't tell people to go away, include them. Aren't they a part of the story?

Why did you chose to see them as a distraction? They're not distraction, they add to the story. Why don't you look at them that way? It would be easier for you to come up with different composition that way.

Maria : Yes they are a part of the story. . Actually when I posted it here I had mixed ideas, since the subject was not even a part of 1/3. And designers view confirmed that some may find it distracting.

But hey Thanx for seeing what I saw :)

Thank you

Santosh Rane

To me the people in the background adds to the story.

Maria : Yes they are a part of the story. .

O.K., if that is the case, then they need to be mostly in focus and not chopped up with the edges of the frame.

I had the same comment as others. It took me a good 10 seconds to figure out what I was supposed to look at.

In the end, it sounds like you knew the positioning of the subject in the frame was a problem, but you couldn't fix it because people were behind you. That's cool. Now you just need to learn to identify when those instincts are calling out to you, and either fix the problem or skip the shot. In the end, you know you're taking a shot that won't work WHEN you take it, and that's huge.

7y6uhybu.jpg

Just another day. . Guess you are right. . Shouldn't take the shot when there is none.

Thank you for your feedback.

Santosh Rane

Most reactions

Back