The Popcorn Cake

Well, thank you. She was very pleased to have you say so.

Check out my Picasa Web Album-I forgot about that one. Many more cakes. Check out the beach themed cake-one of my favorites. My wife actually poured each shell and starfish, etc. herself using white chocolate and colored them. The "sand" is brown sugar. The one with the ladybugs and bumble bees is her favorite, and I think it's very good, as well. She makes these for family, mostly, but has sold two of her cakes that were requests from co-workers. Everything on her cakes is edible-she makes the ornamantal things out of fondant, which she makes out of marshmallows and confectioners sugar.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bradleys88/DebraSCakes#

That's really amazing. I'm very impressed.

I can't even write on a cake. I once tried to write out someone's name and it looked so bad I just spelled it out with mini M&Ms.

... (How do you cut a rectangle hole?)
There are many ways. The most basic is to just chisel out the hole. Quicker is to drill a series of holes in a straight line, then chisel it straight. You can use a router (with a jig to keep it straight) or even dedicated machines that will drill the hole and square up the sides and ends in one step.

Check out my This Old House thread in the non-photography area. I have some picture that I know Ron will find interesting!

Very cute. I have a four year old that loves mini marshmallows. Love this idea.

Great idea! Wow, that looks fantastic. Nice job, I want one now :)

Very clear demonstration. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back