The Pottery Shop

Nice execution T-rex, how would say my wife: I can see everything ! But that's the problem with my wife's looking. I can see everything to, however it is very flat to me, like no perspective as in: no third dimension and no symmetry either. I like, how all the details present itself and how the frame is busy, but the way you position the camera it feels like very good one, but only tourist's snapshot. No time to try another angles ?

Nice execution T-rex, how would say my wife: I can see everything ! But that's the problem with my wife's looking. I can see everything to, however it is very flat to me, like no perspective as in: no third dimension and no symmetry either. I like, how all the details present itself and how the frame is busy, but the way you position the camera it feels like very good one, but only tourist's snapshot. No time to try another angles ?

Excellent!

Of the two, I find Designer's comment far more insightful and nearer the truth...:)

Of course...

Very nice did you go inside a take some shots of them throwing

Time didn't allow but it's something for the future. I want to get something nice from here for my wife as a Christmas surprise - she always dawdles when we pass this shop - so maybe they will be kind enough to let me take a few photos of the creative process.

This photograph is very good because it shows the storefront in context, has good range of tone, has depth, detail, and the light is superb! Including the artisan centered in the doorway is brilliant!

The symmetry is present in the shop front, but is counterpoised by the extra display shelf just outside. Symmetry isn't always the only thing in the shot. Sometimes it's good to "spoil it" just as the sign itself has shown.

Whether this was a complete set up (which I doubt) or just a lucky grab, it works very well.

I love the framing of the potter within the doorway.
Tones are nice. A nice conversion.
It's a good photo, but there's a lot here that isn't needed in my opinion.
Well, not "a lot", but perhaps some cropping might be in order?
Why include the stuff on the right? What purpose does it serve?
The photo has so much natural framing. Why not just use that instead?

Just tossing it out there for discussion.

I love the framing of the potter within the doorway.
Tones are nice. A nice conversion.
It's a good photo, but there's a lot here that isn't needed in my opinion.
Well, not "a lot", but perhaps some cropping might be in order?
Why include the stuff on the right? What purpose does it serve?
The photo has so much natural framing. Why not just use that instead?

Just tossing it out there for discussion.

That is what I was going to say, but I like your shot!

Well done. A formal, off center composition full of detail with interest added through the craftsman captured in the act.

Disclaimer: I'm a newb, so, I'm in no place to critique, but, can tell you what I was thinking.

I think this is a good shot. I like the tones. I do concur with cropping on the right. I think this will draw the viewer inside the building quicker. At least for me. When I look at the image, my eyes are immediately pulled to the white wall above the table outside. From there my eyes wonder into the building.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back