The Rare ... Reddish Egret

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a redo of a reddish egret I captured close up while in flight last year.

11142039-studio-2.jpg

another nice BIF!

Love it Kirk almost a cross of a Heron and an Egret- lovely bird - are they common?

Les :)

Oop's sorry Kirk - Its early morning here when I post - half asleep buddy :)

Les

That's a great shot, lovely light on the bird and really good framing.

I think there might be a little bit of the edge of a mask spilling over from the outline of the bird to the background, as it looks like there's a blue/green line just at it's neck.

That's a great shot, lovely light on the bird and really good framing.

I think there might be a little bit of the edge of a mask spilling over from the outline of the bird to the background, as it looks like there's a blue/green line just at it's neck.
Thanks, Pete, I appreciate the feedback. I noticed those colors myself and I thought they were there all along but just brought out more by the vibrancy and color contrast that I used. Maybe I used too much??? I don't use masks so it's not that.

Thanks, Pete, I appreciate the feedback. I noticed those colors myself and I thought they were there all along but just brought out more by the vibrancy and color contrast that I used. Maybe I used too much??? I don't use masks so it's not that.
A difficult one then. It looked to me almost like a brush! But occaionally you can get some artifacting with global adjustments. I don't think global vibrancy should have caused it, so I'd suspect the colour contrast first.

Overall the colour here looks excellent, so I'd suggest going though your workflow and trying to see where it appeared, it could be a combination of adjustments that caused it. What program are you using to edit?

I know there's a way is PS to change lighter/darker colours and can be used to remove similar issues, so there may be a way to get it sorted. For an image like that it would be worth the effort IMO.

Nice BIF shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back