The Real Holy Trinity!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Forget that imposter and his attempt to claim the title - here is the true and pure Holy Trinity (of macro lenses)

4333424286_e90941a9d2_o.jpg

From left to right - the Awesome Canon MPE65mm macro; the Sigma 150mm macro and finally the Sigma 70mm macro

ok maybe Mr. fancy lighting has slightly better lighting in his shots - and maybe he used more than a sheet of paper on the kitchen table...but darn it his is the real trinity it is!! :mrgreen:

But yours is.... yours is.....

canon :(
:lmao:

Fear not oh lost one - for though thow cannot bask in the glory of the full Trinity; you can take solice in the fact that two of the Trinity will heed your call! Go forth and seek out the mighty Sigma and their Nikon mounts!

That or - you know - you could just come over to the best side ;) :)

With that glass it is tempting :D

The composition is all wrong!!!!

The MP-E 65mm should take the center spot!! :D

very nice overread! I always laugh when someone makes a holy trinity post and it contains 3 zooms with 2.8 max apertures. LOL

You will someday be "thee" macro king!

Well I've got most of the gear - mastering it though might take a while! But it will be fun :)

I always laugh when someone makes a holy trinity post and it contains 3 zooms with 2.8 max apertures. LOL
:confused: :er: :meh:

$5500 in 3 tack sharp lenses is worth laughing at? But then again, I've been looking recently at one lens that cost more than those. :D

Ohhh looking at some long prime glass are you?

Best Nikon setup ever.
10.5 Fisheye
14-24
24-70
70-200
200-400
D3s
D300s
Life is good my friend :D

Ohhh looking at some long prime glass are you?
That was the intent, but I have been considering another zoom. I found a refurbed 200-400 f/2.8 that will save $600. However, I have also located a 400mm f/2.8 AIS lens at a really reasonable price. BTW, for those not familiar with Nikon's ABC list of lenses, it a manual focus. It's a tough call because I can't trust my eyes anymore, but I might be able to chip it for AF. More research needed.

You ought to consider the 400mm f/3.5 ED-IF in AiS mount, with a CPU added; it weighs only about 7 pounds, and is perhaps THE easiest shooting, best-handling of all the long Nikkor lenses. That is coming from Bjorn Rorslett, who has actually owned pretty much all the big Nikkors, or used them...200/2, 300/2.8 from AiS days to Mark II, 400 3.5 and 2.8 ,500 f4 ,600 f4,and the old 800mm.

There are a number of people who can chip the 400/2.8 with a CPU, so it will give decent light metering and you will NOT need to constantly input the lens data...as soon as you bayonet it on, the max aperture will be transferred to the metering system, so the EXIF data will be correct and the various metering modes will all work,even though it's a manual focusing lens. I have a 400/3.5 AiS with a CPU in it, and it's actually easier to handle on a monopod than a 300/2.8 or the 200/2. it's got a super-amazing manual focusing system, with adjustable tension, and a pre-set distance stop, which you can set and come right back to OR go past, if needed. Those older large MF Nikkors have better manual focusing action than the newer AF lenses do--the throws are longer,and slower, and "progressive", while the new AF big glass have hyper-speed manual focusing, which often leads to errors in focusing manually. The old 400's are actually *usable* for sports action,without too much practice, due to the unusual manual focusing systems they were fitted with: the 300/4.5 ED-IF, 400 3.5 and 2.8 models all have a very similar manual focusing ring mid-barrel, and it is NOT AT ALL like that found in newer AF lenses. It is a MUCH better system. Much easier to hit the focus right,even on moving targets.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back