Richard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raeelle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The realization of evolution.

Back in February 2007 I bought my first DSLR with no intent of picking up photography as a real hobby. My intent was to have a camera that could shoot fast to capture my children’s moments. I quickly became interested in making my photos better. Now it has been several months and I have bought a couple of books, done tons of research and I am in a photography class. I would love to do some photography on the side but my dream would be to have my own studio, and I know that I will not be ready to make that step for at least a few years.

When I think about my future with photography I sometimes I wonder “will I ever see things as a photographer?” Yesterday my wife and I went out with the family to do some errands. At some point I told my wife to look at the clouds, there were some very interesting shapes and I thought how it would be neat to get those in a photograph. She then made a remark about how she would have never noticed them, she went on telling me how I am really beginning to notice things as a photographer. I couldn’t help but give a small laugh. I told her that, what was really funny was that we just passed an abandon business with busted windows about 5 minutes ago, and I really want to shoot some portraits there. After I told her that I realized that I am evolving. It was a great compliment that I received, it opened my eyes. The way I see is changing. I am starting to see things as a photographer and it’s a whole new world!

Just thought I would share this story.

Yeah, isn't that cool?
It's funny....now I see every shot in "albums" and "post processed". I see all kinds of cool stuff I'd never had noticed before.
Sometimes I think we are the most fortunate people on the planet.

Yar...

I remember someone asked a photography teacher what photo magazines he looked at - if any. He said you can pick up any kind of magazine, they're all full of photos. You start seeing stuff that way.

It's a good internal feeling of developing as a person, not just a photographer. Looking through a viewfinder has that affect.

It's like the old T-shirt said:

(expletive delete)
:wink:
happens

Richard.......it's so very refreshing to hear someone who has made a seemingly simple decision and then discover a whole new dimension in their lifestyle.

Self motivation and some smart moves on your part have given you a whole new door to the world. The "as-you-see-it" part is one of the truly enjoyable things about this craft you are immersed in.

Your gear is really only a portion of the grand experience. In some ways it can be almost like a second childhood, only now you know what to enjoy "the-second-time-around".

The fact that your wife is noticing and positive in her comments is 'frosting-on-the-cake'.

Welcome and the best to you.

Most reactions

Back