The River Ba

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The River Ba in Scotland, not a very recent shot ;)

whw97_133.jpg

not very popular as it seems ;)

Alex, I actually like it. It has a lot of potential as the clouds ominous reflections in the water really contributes to the composition. I would actually crop a little more from the sky as it would force our eyes down into the view of the creek.

Alex, I actually like it. It has a lot of potential as the clouds ominous reflections in the water really contributes to the composition. I would actually crop a little more from the sky as it would force our eyes down into the view of the creek.

You are probably right with the crop ... did not dare to because of the framing by the thin branches of the trees. But that is rather weak anyway, so the benefit from a tighter crop on the top might be the winner.

Alex, I use two cardboard right angles to look at crops right on my screen. While you loose a lot of the branches on the right, the left branches and tree is still there. I just doubled checked again, and the crop just makes your picture POP !!

Alex, I use two cardboard right angles to look at crops right on my screen. While you loose a lot of the branches on the right, the left branches and tree is still there. I just doubled checked again, and the crop just makes your picture POP !!

Will try it once I get to my photo editing computer :)

BTW, this shot is ... 15 years old .. OMG, am I getting old? ;)

Just remember, you're not as old as me.

i like it,, what is your setting of ISO,aperture,& shutter, so i can try here in philipines
ISO 200 (fixed as this is film) ... aperture around f/8, shutter, don't remember, but it depends on the light anyway. this was a dark day so I suppose it was a long exposure.

are you sure?

I'm a young 64. Well, as young as a 64 year old can be.

are you sure?

I'm a young 64 year old. According to my wife, I act older then that when it comes to doing anything she wants me to do, but not when it's something I want to do.

Even without cropping, it's quite splendid. Very good composition and exposure.

Most reactions

Back