What's new

The Shard

KaPOWitsCHRIS

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
108
Reaction score
39
Location
Earth
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Shard in London. Tallest building in the EU apparently. Tone mapped this one from a single image.

7460287804_c73b8d40c6_z.jpg
 
Clarity (or HDR) is a bit intense for me.
What lens did you use?
Love the tones, great job!
 
Nice,
I fell when HDR is attempted there needs to be a certain softness to it , or it becomes overwhelming.
Maybe give that a go- a slight gaussian blur would probably do the trick :)
Was this image an intentional HDR, if so, I find that a HDR composure of 3 images works a bit better (not that I do HDR often, so take my advice with a grain of salt!) :)
 
Normally I do use multiple exposures for HDR but this time I didn't have my tripod with me
 
It's actually not that bad to be from a single image. A bit overcooked, but not bad.
 
One of the first of many to post a picture of this building.
not bad
 
Thanks all. Something I hate about all my own HDR images is the sky, however I don't know how to make that look more natural while keeping the HDR in the rest of the image.
 
KaPOWitsCHRIS said:
Thanks all. Something I hate about all my own HDR images is the sky, however I don't know how to make that look more natural while keeping the HDR in the rest of the image.

2 words:

Layer mask.
 
This is an example with a layer mask done on the background and then the tones re adjusted to look more "natural."

$reedited.webp
 
Well here's my attempt at fixing the sky

mg4032alt.jpg
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom