The sony alpha, and ISO

no it actually gives the camera a good shake a lot more than the little one that it normally does, if you take off the lens after that before turning the camera off it flips up the sensor so you can clean it yourself but if you turn off the camera it doesnt happen.

oh, and dust removal systems dont work, unless you use olympus, and then it only partially works.

Bad news for us sensor shakers.

ohhh, that makes sense... so what happens if i still cant get the dust off? i've had some pretty obnoxious spots on there for a couple weeks now and i cant get them to go away... i tried my little blower brush, as suggested by page 103 in the manual (they shouldnt tell people to do that though, because the only place it says not to touch the sensor with the brush is in fine print at the bottom...) and the blower didnt get rid of anythign, tried the clean CCD thing, didnt do anything... I dont have the tools to clean it besides that... are there any other techniques i could try?

how much would that cost me? would it be easier to just buy swabs or something like that and do it myself? (not cotton swabs, sensor swabs)

Im not sure but I think it would cost a lot less than replacing your sensor if you did something to it. I know you can get sensor swabs for cheap like $10-15 but like I said a new sensor will cost around $500.

yeah, i dont want to have to get that replaced... lol, i just feel like there should be something else i can do instead of having to bring it in to be cleaned every time a little dust gets in there.... i guess i can just make photoshop my friend... hello clone tool... I'm tony..

ok, so what lenses are you getting soon? it says "more to come very soon" but i want to know whats comming!, so.... whats comming? lol

WHAT!!?!?!?!11?!!11?!, i love how eravedesigns just goes ahead and bashes what i say. im not a moron, when you use the clean ccd funcion it shakes the sensor alot harder than when you turn your camera off and on. so yeah if the dust is still there, take it in...i wouldnt touch my sensor with the softest bit of anything...its just way to fragile.

eh, dont worry about him funky, he's just a salty old sailor... you know how those types are :)

A blower brush? like the kind that come in the cheap little packs with some cotton swabs and a cloth and maybe some liquid? if so, make sure that is the last time you try to blow dust from the sensor with that. Those are lens cleaning supplies and not to be used on the sensor.

I just bought a rocket blower (large for 12 bucks) so we'll see how that works. The other option is chemical cleaning using pecpads and eclipse? fluid.

ok, so what lenses are you getting soon? it says "more to come very soon" but i want to know whats comming!, so.... whats comming? lol

Well first off it's going to be the sigma 70-200 f/2.8 for my birthday. Its good my birthday's in june because it doesnt come out till the end of this month its the hsm macro not the standard one that sigma makes.

With my tax return im going to get either a 50mm f/1.4 or f/1.7 haven't decided yet or the hvl-56am. lol I am pretty indecisive.

Then after those lenses come im going to replace my kit lens with a sigma 24-70 f/2.8 but that is later on.

And lastly im going to get a nice wide angle zoom like the sigma 12-24 or the 10-20 it's probably going to be the 12-24 so i can cover everything from 12-200 without and overlaps or breaks. I hope this answered your question lol.

my birtday is in june too, i'm not getting any lenses though... lol, but thats cool, i want that 10-20mm lens but i'm having a little trouble coughing up the money for it... i just bought the sigma 20mm f1.8 but i'll have to sell it if i want to buy that 10-20... tough decisions!

kyle-(assuming thats your name)- the sony manual has a diagram of the blower brush and its the cheap kind that comes with cleaning kits. its wierd that they suggest using that, because i thought it seemed kinda risky or at the least, just ineffective... i actually took the bristle tip off making it basically a rocket blower, didnt do much though... i just dont have the air pressure... let me know how that rocket works though, i'm thinking of getting one but dont want to waste money on it if its not going to do the job

my birtday is in june too, i'm not getting any lenses though... lol, but thats cool, i want that 10-20mm lens but i'm having a little trouble coughing up the money for it... i just bought the sigma 20mm f1.8 but i'll have to sell it if i want to buy that 10-20... tough decisions!

kyle-(assuming thats your name)- the sony manual has a diagram of the blower brush and its the cheap kind that comes with cleaning kits. its wierd that they suggest using that, because i thought it seemed kinda risky or at the least, just ineffective... i actually took the bristle tip off making it basically a rocket blower, didnt do much though... i just dont have the air pressure... let me know how that rocket works though, i'm thinking of getting one but dont want to waste money on it if its not going to do the job

correct on the name. I hear everyone talk of how nice the rocket blower works, and from what I hear the large rocket produces quite a wind. I'll do a mini writeup in the equipment reviews once I get it and clean off the sensor.

And good idea taking the bristles off, I've heard of bristles falling off on the sensor and making the problem much much worse than a spec of dust.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back