Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
couple picks of the storm using bulb

012-3.jpg

009-5.jpg

008-5.jpg

007-7.jpg

LOVE 3. In 1, is that an airport? The light trails look odd. Good shots though. I tried for 2 hours the other night and got no lightening bolts whatsoever...

Looks like a nice storm you had there, good job.

Those clouds are awesome, but I was thinking a really good shot would be clouds, ground and lightning perhaps, then I saw the first image has some similar colourings of the 4th and I wondered if they could be combined.

I really dont like going this far with an edit without permission so let me know and I will remove asap.

pmbju5dl.jpg

Im curious about those light trails at the bottom as well?

Thats one heck of an impressive edit! Did you do it in Photoshop?

well thankyou and yea i was out there for about 3 hours and saw about 5 bolts of lightning i had my shutter open for almost 10 minutes at one point

no your perfectly fine great job on that edit wish i had thought of that and it looks alot better its only my second time trying at this lightning thing so im slowly getting better at i think next time i will work on some foreground and more sky you made that edit look awesome

Thats one heck of an impressive edit! Did you do it in Photoshop?

Thanks, yes photoshop, reasonably easy to blend (bear in mind its only a rough composite) so I think they must have been shot very close to the same time and direction?

no your perfectly fine great job on that edit wish i had thought of that and it looks alot better its only my second time trying at this lightning thing so im slowly getting better at i think next time i will work on some foreground and more sky you made that edit look awesome

Cool (wipes sweat from brow), no reason you cant do exactly the same thing to your originals, its your artwork afterall, I only did it to show you another option with what you have already. :thumbup:

#3 is an absolutely amazing shot. I've been trying recently to get some good lighting shots, but I can't seem to find a good spot to watch the storms...Seems like the rain always comes down directly on my house! hahah how are you keeping your shutter open for almost 10 minutes? Just a question of curiosity, I'm still relatively new to photography, so I'm still learning. I've read multiple threads on here where people say they leave shutters open for that length of time, I just don't know how to do it myself. I'm shooting a Nikon D5000. The help would be much appreciated! Thanks

well i sure to appreciate you opening up my eyes to that im familiar with blending and i think i can do it but anytime you wanna show me something i dont see you can go right ahead

im still relatively new to it and learning and im not to familiar with a d5000 but i do believe that if you switch your toggle switch to m for manual then use your dial and spin it right and keep going till you see bulb pop up on your lcd screen.Now the hard part your gonna need a tripod or a flat surface basically a spot where the camera will not move even the slightest but and you can just press down the shutter button and keep holding it down as long as you want until you catch the lightning strike and then let off the shutter sorry if thats difficult to understand but good luck

couple picks of the storm using bulb

012-3.jpg

009-5.jpg

008-5.jpg

These are beautiful, do you know how to use 35mm lenses on a digital camera. I have a canon film camera that I want to use the lenses off of and put on my Olimpus digital, any advice will be greatly appretiated!!

how are you keeping your shutter open for almost 10 minutes?

im still relatively new to it and learning and im not to familiar with a d5000 but i do believe that if you switch your toggle switch to m for manual then use your dial and spin it right and keep going till you see bulb pop up on your lcd screen.Now the hard part your gonna need a tripod or a flat surface basically a spot where the camera will not move even the slightest but and you can just press down the shutter button and keep holding it down as long as you want until you catch the lightning strike and then let off the shutter sorry if thats difficult to understand but good luck

You could do it taters way (holding the shutter release down) but if the camera moves at all your toast and your shot will most likely be ruined.

There is a much easier way, buy a simple corded remote release that allows the shutter button to be held/locked down, should be able to get on eBay for less than $10 for Nikon or Canon.

Personally I use an intervalometer which allows me to do the same, but I can also preset expsoure length, frequency, delay, how many exposures ie: timelapse etc, I picked one up for about $40 US I think.

Both are a great investment to help prevent any camera shake with normal tripod shots as well.

oh wow i didnt know they had those i was thinking of trying to create my own thing to do it cause holding a camera completely still even with a tripod in well impossible thanks for that advice as well

Most reactions

Back