The storm

mitsugirly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We had a really really bad storm last night with 75mph winds, hail and rain.

Right after the hail and a really big downpour hit, there was this really nice huge double rainbow. You could see from one end to the other and 2 of them. I'm out in my back yard trying to get a decent picture of them with the wind about knocking me over and some rain still slapping me in the face. So, if there's any blur...you'll know why. The tripod would not hold still on any of these pictures.

3273678545_f7cce18d9b.jpg

3274497380_bebd5439b6.jpg

3273679885_7698964eab.jpg

Here are some pictures of the really weird creepy clouds that came in between the first storm and the second that was about to hit which would knock out our electric for the night and rip the shingles off the homes and over turn semi trucks....

The blackish/grayish clouds were up above and down below and blowing at a very high rate of speed with a bright shining orange sun in between them. Very very weird!

3273685553_e3c636f8e8.jpg

3274503200_fb51e6366e.jpg

3273684339_7ae3517351.jpg

3274502302_29d735001b.jpg

3274502772_6428398f25.jpg

The 4th of the second set is awesome. how theres just sort of a little window where things look normal, but everywhere else is shrouded in storm. The others are pretty cool too, but that is the one that stands out to me

Where do you live? We had the same storms in Ms. Although they weren't quite as bad here. I think most of it shifted north. Those are beautiful pictures though. I was planning to take some of the storm myself but it didn't do anything special here.

I live in (Columbus) Ohio. They got really bad here last night. We knew they were coming our way for 2 days before they hit. The rain and the hail was so bad that you couldn't even see and I thought it was going to break my windows in the front. Scary! It's pretty bad when you can't sleep all night because you are afraid the roof is about to blow off but yet all you can think of is...I can't wait to see the pictures I took and I hope they turn out good! :lmao:

I love #2 with the rainbow. #1 and #3 of the storm are also great!

I live in (Columbus) Ohio. They got really bad here last night. We knew they were coming our way for 2 days before they hit. The rain and the hail was so bad that you couldn't even see and I thought it was going to break my windows in the front. Scary! It's pretty bad when you can't sleep all night because you are afraid the roof is about to blow off but yet all you can think of is...I can't wait to see the pictures I took and I hope they turn out good! :lmao:

LMAO!! I can totally relate to bad weather and not sleeping but I can't say I was thinking of pictures. I was thinking more along the lines of gosh I hope the tornado doesn't take my car away otherwise I won't be able to get home. I was a few hundred miles away from home.

Awesome rainbows. It didn't reach us here in Pa until about 8 pm, too dark to get anything cool looking. I must be in a narrow band that missed all the rain. Pittsburgh was broadcasting the end of the world on the news and we got hardly any rain. We did get some horrendous wind though, but later around midnight. They were saying some gusts were recorded at 93 mph.

With all the snow finally melted, my yard is now a pond. I am not looking forward to seeing what it looks like when I get home from work as we have some very old apple trees that have shallow roots. We've already lost 2 these past 2 years just from the ground being saturated so much with water. They are very old apple trees and very beautiful and I would hate to lose any more, though I could do without the actual apples come late summer.

Most reactions

Back