This is a mediocre snapshot that would mean nothing to anyone else, but it's special to me simply because of the story.
I HATE swinging bridges. Really, really hate them. Actually, I hate bridges of any sort that are not absolutely rock-solid steady. Foot bridges, swinging bridges, I hate them all. When I was 3, we went to Grandfather Mountain and everyone except my grandmother went across the swinging bridge. My sister, who was just 4, walked across it herself, and yet today has NO fear of them. My dad carried me across. While I don't personally recall the specifics, evidently when the time came to cross back over, I held a VERY strong opinion against EVER crossing that bridge again. I don't know how they finally got me calmed down enough to carry me back across, but that was the LAST time in my life I ever went across a swinging bridge.
until last year. Last July, on my 50th birthday, my sister and I went to Fall Creek Falls for a day of photography. She hadn't planned on going across the bridge, knowing how I felt about the idea, but I had decided that on my 50th birthday, I was going to conquer the fear, go across the bridge AND take a picture while I was out on it.
I DID IT!! I moved Verrrrry, very slowly and every time someone else made it move too much I became frozen in place, in terror.

But, BY GEORGE, I went across that durn swinging bridge AND back, of my own volition!! AND took this picture of my sister while I was on it (okay, admittedly, I was only about 10 feet out on it...as we approached the middle, I was too terrified to let go of the rope with even ONE hand!).
I will not do that again for at least ANOTHER 47 years.