What's new

The "Strada" Bounce Card came in the mail today...

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2,727
Location
Maine
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks again, Mr. Whovious. Both Bounce cards made it safely to their destination. My girlfriend will also get great use out of the second one.

More detailed post coming in a few.
I've got to actually use the thing,
before I squeeze out a review.

</rhyme>

Thanks again!
 
did you buy it from this guy?

estrada-sm.jpg
 
Thanks again,


De Nada.

I'd like to see your shots when you get around to them though..... I was able to take a few this weekend and the thing works slick as snot.

Well, I think so anyways, but I might be a bit biased.
 
e3iXF.jpg
Well, the card does work as advertised. I've taken a few photos with it, and in some situations it works better than others. I've always had difficulty getting well lit photos of my cat, because she has dark fur, and light eyes. With the bounce card mounted on my 430ex, there is much more light delivered to the subject. The downside is that there are harsher shadows at close distances. I have a feeling that there will be a "sweet spot" that I'll figure out for proper distances between shooter/subject that will allow the card to deliver more light, but not cause dark shadows.

With the bounce card attached

e3iXF.jpg


Without

RUEgk.jpg


With:

gkAhW.jpg


Without:

mwDhi.jpg


(Apologies about the incense ash and wax on the table :P )

The bounce card also renders much larger glare on reflective surfaces, but lights them quite adequately. I also have noticed that through using the card, colors can become slightly muted, or less true to life. Not hard to fix in post with a saturation bump, but there is a slight trade off in this department. Overall this is a great addition to my collection of flash related gear, and I am sure it will see many bright flash bursts.
 
Tyler.... when you are taking these, is your flash in its full upright and locked position? I'm certain it is, just wondering. Here is my conclusion with the bounce card in reference to the shadows. .....

I have had less issues with harsh shadows as long as 1. The flash is pointing straight up, 2. The subject is at least a couple feet from the background, and 3. The ceilings are a reasonable height (i.e. 12 feet or less, give or take. )

But there you have it folks...... it works! And to think I was able to make 8 of them for about $1 a piece.
 
World of a difference for something so small.....I see that your a proper badboy. tsk tsk tsk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom