The sunset of last evening.

Caught the sunset perfectly, I like the placement of the lighthouse as well. Everything looks very good. Great job

Very nicely done. I like the way you kept it real. No over saturated fake colors. Natural is beautiful in my opinion. Keep up the good work!

Very nice. I like that you have managed to get some detail in the shoreline in the foreground. My only comment would be that you have placed the horizon in the middle of the image. This is not always the best placement. In this case, the sky is your better component, compared to the ocean and the foreground. I would have placed the horizon in the lower thirds line to give more emphasis to the sky.

WesternGuy

Very nice. I like that you have managed to get some detail in the shoreline in the foreground. My only comment would be that you have placed the horizon in the middle of the image. This is not always the best placement. In this case, the sky is your better component, compared to the ocean and the foreground. I would have placed the horizon in the lower thirds line to give more emphasis to the sky.

WesternGuy

What he said ^ but a very nice image nonetheless.

Eliminate the foreground; it's not that aesthetic. Go way in deep with the sun/lighthouse and their reflections as your subjects.

Agreed with FanBoy & Western Guy. If the foreground was a tan sand with sun still on it, then I'd say keep it. But unfortunately, it's not. Other than that, I really like it!

After reading the others comments and studying the shot very closely here is my critique. There is a leading line in this shot (shore line) but the problem is that line leads away from where the viewer should be looking. This draws your eye to the right corner and there is nothing to look at there. A possible solution could have been to move to the right, crop up the shot so that the shoreline is not so dominate and try to use the other line in the shot (one with the house on it) as a leading line.

Most reactions

Back