The Thirsty Squirrel

A drink I can go with but here, they eat all of our strawberries. Good catch.

I like the name, it's kinda catchy, but I'm afraid some others would prefer, "The Dirt Nap Squirrel."

Nice set, Jeff.

A drink I can go with but here, they eat all of our strawberries. Good catch.
Thanks! Yes, they can be pesky at times.
I like the name, it's kinda catchy, but I'm afraid some others would prefer, "The Dirt Nap Squirrel."

Nice set, Jeff.
Thanks!

Nice little bugger, good set.

Grays are OK but Reds are nasty and will kill grays. Great shots, they are a ball to watch out in the wild. Interesting fact, do you know they don't remember where they bury the nuts they bury? They just dig later on and hope they find something. They may also just be burying them to help nature along in nut tree propagation.

Nice little bugger, good set.
Thanks!
Grays are OK but Reds are nasty and will kill grays. Great shots, they are a ball to watch out in the wild. Interesting fact, do you know they don't remember where they bury the nuts they bury? They just dig later on and hope they find something. They may also just be burying them to help nature along in nut tree propagation.
Thanks! They are fun to watch. We don't have red squirrels around here, lots of gray squirrels and the occasional white one, which I think is a mutation of the gray.

Jeff

Yes, the white ones are just a color variant of the grey. It's like the White Deer we have here in the old Seneca Army Depot, they are just a White Variant of a Whitetail Deer. Many believe they are albino but they aren't. There was just a white gene deer that was trapped in there when it was originally fenced in and then the herd was a captive herd and that white gene trait just propagated within the captive herd.

I should go up there and get some pics of them now that I am thinking of it.

Nice crispy photo! I think the name would be catchy.

Most reactions

Back