THE THREE ELEMENTS OF A GOOD PHOTOGRAPH

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to their profile the OP has not been back since the thread was posted - so unless surfing without logging in they have no idea of the contents of the thread thus far (And it might take a long while to read through

ya i know.... I haven't logged back into that user account since I created the thread...

the pot needed stirring what can I say.....

The link to her "Freelance Photography site" looks like spam.

I think that the link has been messed up, because elsewhere on the web, it does connect up with a photography site. At the same time, my impression from tracking her down on the web is that she is the type of artist who thinks and imagines totally "outside the box" and has interests in all kinds of areas.

skieur

I don't use a camera with a popup flash and that was the only one I knew with out a doubt had been shot with the pop up flash, wile yes it is a candid shot, it is near to or at par with his studio shots in his PL gallery proving they are far from pointless. If you want to consider the fact it was a candid shot as a negating point, very well then.

1. The
pop-up flash on your camera is good for candid shots at a party... but
that’s about it.

This is what the OP said. The popup flash doesn't negate your comment. It does render YOUR criticism of the OP moot though when you post a picture in the EXACT SAME lighting scenario as one would find at a "candid party".

If you don't want ignorant arrogent replies like the ones found in this thread, don't walk into a forum with the notion of knowing more than the people already in there and start shouting your advice as if you're this forums proctor.

You are SERIOUSLY projecting here.

It dosen't work that way especially when it's fresh out of photoschool cookie cutter information.

You realize this is a BEGINNERS forum don't you.

I'm sorry if you don't believe in smacking the child to show the error of their ways, but amira has gotten smacked here, and she will think twice before waltzing into an internet community with all the answers like she has here.

Wow. Really no comment needed on such a hostile and stupid statement.

That's how the thread feels, hence many people's reaction.

You are - presumably - an ADULT. Surely you have the capability of controlling yourself and not being baited by invisible hooks. The fact that some of you can't even see how nonsense your reactions and responses are, is laughable.

Seriously, people wonder why this place has the "reputation" it does. You get the community you build folks. As always folks are slow to help, but quick to tear down, and damn near fall over themselves in trying to "school" posters.

How about we all end this thread now. It shouldn't have to be locked to stop the childlike responses that continue. How bout we all show we are adults and let this die. I challenge for no more post on this thread after this. We'll see who's who then.

Ummm... Well Amira's advice was posted in the BEGINNER'S FORUM - so I take it that her advice was directed at BEGINNER'S rather than towards all you er... advanced experts...
Re-reading the orig post, what she wrote looks like the kind of elementary material you'd find in "My First Photo-Taking Book" or "A Pre-Schooler's Introduction to Nuclear Physics" - clearly for the junior novice...
Anyone ever conducted a Community Photography Class..??
It's really quite amusing to see people fronting-up with 40D's and an array of expensive glass and asking the daftest questions...
In essence - I think the advice she gave was essentially "okay" = rudimentary but "okay"... "Good advice for beginners..." I've seen many a post on this board (and others) advising against the use of onboard flash... advocating the use of the 'rule' of thirds... and there are a good many 'professionals' who write books who urge the reader to "fill the frame" with the subject...
Put the shoe on the other foot...
Who here has mastered the technique of correcting colour-casts and/or noise in PhotoShop L*a*b..?
We all have something to learn - and we all have to start at the beginning...
Just my thoughts....
Jedo

What on Earth is wrong with some of you people?

Amira does some good work. Can't just take it at that can you?

I did have some one who graduated with a photography/arts major comment on my tight shooting.

I did tell her I cropped when I needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back