The Throes of Contrast

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Getting more and more into Urban stuff lately.

385913500_9a63faa796_o.jpg

If you have a widescreen, here is a 1200 x720 .....make sure to view full size not fit to window....
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/168/385913503_e8c1419622_o.jpg

I had seen many pictures like this! But your picture is quite different!
You`ve choose a great position, and the expose ist also good.
Nice colors, thanks for sharing!!!

This one is really interesting to look at, and I am not looking at it for the first time, it makes me come back to the thread over and again.
I wonder how much PS work went into it to enhance the contrasts?
And did you intensify the blue colour?

thanks !!

Yes, I've wanted to do this for a long time, but finally we found the perfect spot where there was no chicken wire across the bridge... not easy to find in orange county.

we spent about an hour here just getting the right spot and angle and focal range on this 100 ft across bridge while cars were zooming by... I get reallly picky about the shot since I need it to be perfectly sharp I cant take the shot when cars are going by since im afraid the wind will shake the pod. finally we had some breaks in traffic..

As far as the coloring, yes the thing is the street lamps here are purely yellow. It was simply a matter of taking only the yellow from the lamps and converting into blue. voila contrast !!!! There are a few proprietary steps I had to take in order to do that so it looks nice, but hey.....

If only they made blue street lamps !!!

Wow, I love this image! I would like to use it as my desktop, with your permission, of course. Do you have a 1280x1024 version (I'm on a 4:3 aspect LCD)? I understand if you do not wish to do so.

Thanks,
Sean

thanks Sean,

Im flattered !!

I just emailed a 1280 x 768 to your hotmail address. its the tallest I can get it due to the image ratio You can of course stretch it, but it looks good with a little black on top and bottom, you can stick your icons there... lolol

thanks again for the compliment..

Great picture, looks fantastic!

That's not a bad idea...isn't blue light supposed to keep you awake (great for driving at night)

Yes blue light keeps you awake and green light will put you to sleep.

This is probably the best shot of this type I have seen.Its so sharp and vived,What cam and lens did you use?

thanks Sean,

Im flattered !!

I just emailed a 1280 x 768 to your hotmail address. its the tallest I can get it due to the image ratio You can of course stretch it, but it looks good with a little black on top and bottom, you can stick your icons there... lolol

thanks again for the compliment..

Thank you! :hail:

Yes blue light keeps you awake and green light will put you to sleep.

This is probably the best shot of this type I have seen.Its so sharp and vived,What cam and lens did you use?

Thanks Chris...
Dont take this the wrong way,
I know your question is sincere and innocent,
But, I think anyone can get great results regardless of their exact equipment, the key is to properly stop down your lens no matter what lens you are using. and to use a tripod and a timer/release cable ... all the little things add up to being a bigger factor then the camera/lens in my expirience.

For the most part thats half the battle, then processing is the second half.
If you reallly want to know the exact lens, PM me, I just dont want to accidentally evangelize the false theory that certain gear is better then other gear, its all just how you use it.

the lens is a 28-75mm on a 1.6 x crop camera @30mm, so it was basically shooting at 45mm @ 30seconds @F16

Most reactions

New Topics

Back