The Tree

Number 2 for me.
On number 1 the grass in background annoys me as I find that it distracting. On number 2 it blends better.

The monotone is better, but without that toning (looks on the brownish side) ... also the green should be lightened to separate it from the darker tree bark.

The monotone is better, but without that toning (looks on the brownish side) ... also the green should be lightened to separate it from the darker tree bark.
I have just started using Silver Efex Pro 2 and am still in the learning process. I have yet to finf out how to deal with single colour modifications.

Is something like this more to your liking?

brooklynbotanicgarden4 by batmura, on Flickr

Right now, I prefer the first one. I like the contrast between the dark branches and the greenery. This contrast seems to be lost a bit in the second one. You indicate you are using Silver Efex Pro (did you use a preset for this one?) - have you tried putting a control point or two on the tree branches and darkening them up relative to the leaves and the background. I might also be tempted to see what a coloured filter could do.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back