The Tree

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
tree.JPG

I like the composition a lot! For my taste I’d increase the shadows a bit to make the tree a bit more silhouette than the current gray color against the gray sky. But that’s just my inexperienced opinion when it comes to b&w. Definitely not my wheelhouse!

I like the composition too. Suggestion to darken the bottom a little and I would be temped to clone out the 3 things in the water.

I like the composition a lot! For my taste I’d increase the shadows a bit to make the tree a bit more silhouette than the current gray color against the gray sky. But that’s just my inexperienced opinion when it comes to b&w. Definitely not my wheelhouse!

I like the composition too. Suggestion to darken the bottom a little and I would be temped to clone out the 3 things in the water.

For me the tonal range is exquisite. I agree with Cheryl about the objects in the water, but only noticed them after reading her post.

Nice one and I agree with Cheryl.......

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions folks. I will revisit the image and try them out.

Nice photo =]

Extraordinary tree. Well worth making some nice photos of.

Great shot. I would not change anything about the things on the water. If I were to be picky, I’d say that since that tree puts more weight on the LHS...I’d shift the whole scene right just a smidge!!

Also, imo those few clouds are distracting to a simple scene like this. If it were me I’d reshoot and try to get a clear sky. The feeling you are getting from this clear horizon and sky is very special. I might even try this when there is a hair more light to brighten the horizon a small amount, and still transition to a nice dark sky. I’d be interested to know what your settings were on this??

Very nice image my friend, thanks for letting me blab about it;)

Great shot. I would not change anything about the things on the water. If I were to be picky, I’d say that since that tree puts more weight on the LHS...I’d shift the whole scene right just a smidge!!

Also, imo those few clouds are distracting to a simple scene like this. If it were me I’d reshoot and try to get a clear sky. The feeling you are getting from this clear horizon and sky is very special. I might even try this when there is a hair more light to brighten the horizon a small amount, and still transition to a nice dark sky. I’d be interested to know what your settings were on this??

Thanks for your comments. I would love to reshoot it but not sure when we are heading down south again.

Thanks for your comments. I would love to reshoot it but not sure when we are heading down south again.

Instead of going down south again, and this is just a suggestion to maybe please anyone with the same view on the clouds as Charlie , maybe just darken then a bit so they don't have quite as much pop and don't distract quite as much. Maybe that's not a 100% fix but it's better than nothing.
Not my feelings about the clouds, though, I like everything just fine ... although, if it were mine I would replace those things in the water with some big scary black shark fins for effect, lol!

The clouds can be easily removed in PS but I like them, especially those at the horizon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back