The Trip

Thor the Mighty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artwanted.com
This thread contains a series of pictures from the two weeks i was gone. its late and ill belt them out when i have time to make them pretty in ps.

Volume one.

Series of pictures including:

-Night shots of the barracks we stayed in at Davis Monthan Air Force Base (around 4:50-5:30 in the morning after a long night of wooting)

-My flight over the U.S./Mexican boarder to intercept illegals. Including pictures of mid air refueling.

yigfpe.jpg

yigfpc.jpg

yigfpi.jpg

yigfpk.jpg

yigfpn.jpg

yigfpq.jpg

yigfo8.jpg

Crazy pictures, Im loving it. Very cool in-flight refueling, thanks for sharing these

Wow, I am totally in love with that one aerial view ... in ... erm .. Photo 3 it is!

And is that graveyard for real?
No joke?
It makes me chuckle.
Should I not?

its for real dude. they obviously remade the tombstones but its on the actual burriel grounds of hte original boot hill. i'd say a good half of the graves there were marked "unknown" which is sort of sad because i'd be ****ed if someone didnt know that they were burying me haha.

that areal view...yeah....about that....i have no idea what that thing is, especially the tower coming out the middle of it. thanks though.

What a hoot to see snaps of DMAFB! I was stationed there for six years (’82-’88), working on the A10 flight simulators.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Thor the Mighty said:
plenty of a10's flying around man it was cool stuff.

Yup yup… The Warthog is still in the active duty inventory. If I’m not mistaken, my old work place (the A10 simulator facility) is less than a stone throw to the south of where you made the photo of the barracks.

How often are you deployed to DM? PM me if you are interested in flying the A10 simulator. I can make a few calls and arrange a tour/flight for ya.

great pics in both volumes! but the tomb with description that somebody was hunged up without fault makes me chuckle!

DepthAfield said:
Yup yup… The Warthog is still in the active duty inventory. If I’m not mistaken, my old work place (the A10 simulator facility) is less than a stone throw to the south of where you made the photo of the barracks.

How often are you deployed to DM? PM me if you are interested in flying the A10 simulator. I can make a few calls and arrange a tour/flight for ya.

i wish man, that sounds like fun, but im all the way out here in socal. we dont go there often, just went there for boarder patrol to crack down a little bit. yeah we stayed in the VAQ barracks. the master sergeant that ran it was a little spitfire who clearly hated marines because of the last group that went through there. we had about 10 complaints about noise, 2 broken windows and someone spent time moving rocks into the parking lot in the middle of the night haha. crazy marines. but yeah the DMAFB staff was pretty damn unfriendly. they said that we'd have to do about 5 FOD walks a day to keep our area of the flightline clean because they wern't going to street sweep it like they're supposed to because QUOTE "we're not as concerned with your aircraft as we are the RAF (royal air force, which was there with us too)." but whatever. when you get past the 115 degree flightline weather, and the freak 2" of rain we got in a half hour, tuscon was a cool place to go.

Most reactions

Back