The view from my office

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
Perhaps a new theme?

lloyds6.jpg

Very nice picture of a very weird building.
I just don't get you english people. Fancy making a building that looks like that in the first place and then going and calling it "The Gherkin".
But you managed to do it justice in Black and White. Yay! Round of applause!!!!

:drool: OMG OMG OMG. That is a helluva view you got there! I wonder how you get anything done. :mrgreen:

Incredible shot; the tones are just amazing.

Thats a great shot, brilliant use of b&w. The only thing that annoys be with it is the watermark. I kno theyre probably a good idea but they can be really off-putting.

Oh to have a view like that outside my office window. We get stuck with the delights of a portacabin and about an inch of sky. Great shot. I never thought London's skyline was so interesting.

A little different than the view from my office (cinder block). Nicely done! Very wierd building that captures everyone's first view.

Tower 42 (the Natwest building) next - the view from there is supposed to be the best. It's the building mostly in silver with a black top half way between the gherkin and lloyds of london.

Thats a great shot rob, I love the contrast.. most of my B&W landscapes have come out sadly lacking in that department.. even after photoshop.

BLS said:
Love the shot! What is the building that looks like an elongated Easter egg?

Lord Foster's building for Swiss Re - it's called "the gherkin" by everyone in London. Cab drivers have a ruder name for it.

Rob

Most reactions

Back