What's new

The wait is a killer

percent20

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Location
Prague, OK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just ordered my first DSLR Nikon D40 today and it won't come in until next wednesday. Am already really antsy wanting to get at it.

What are some things i can read up on about the D40 until then? I already have a decent understanding of shutter, fstop, and iso jsut need to practice with it now. WOuld like to learn more about the D40 specifics until I can get my hands on it.

thx.
 
Back when I ordered mine I spent a fair amount of time here:
D40 | Digitutor | Global Site | Nikon Imaging

It's a GREAT resource and very well put together by Nikon. They go through various scenarios, feature by feature - by the time you get it you'll know exactly what everything does.

Enjoy and congratulations!
 
You think your wait is killer? I got my D90 body yesterday, The lens comes from monday-thursday and the tracking info says it still left chicago and is on its way. :x

Go on www.nikon.com and go to the D40, read the full manual. Study your camera. read a book to pass the time? Go on TPF. Sleep. Eat. Repeat. Before you know it your camera arrives :lol:

Congrats on the D40!
 
Just to know what a D40 can do, there is an active thread here on TPF, with shots that were taken only with Nikon D40's.

You might be surprised, maybe even a little amazed.

Congrats on your new camera!
 
Back when I ordered mine I spent a fair amount of time here:
D40 | Digitutor | Global Site | Nikon Imaging

It's a GREAT resource and very well put together by Nikon. They go through various scenarios, feature by feature - by the time you get it you'll know exactly what everything does.

Enjoy and congratulations!
That site is awesome thanks for the link have been on it for the last hour now. :D

You think your wait is killer? I got my D90 body yesterday, The lens comes from monday-thursday and the tracking info says it still left chicago and is on its way. :x

Go on www.nikon.com and go to the D40, read the full manual. Study your camera. read a book to pass the time? Go on TPF. Sleep. Eat. Repeat. Before you know it your camera arrives :lol:

Congrats on the D40!

thx. Not sure which is worse knowing I have the camera coming or having a body and no lense.

Just to know what a D40 can do, there is an active thread here on TPF, with shots that were taken only with Nikon D40's.

You might be surprised, maybe even a little amazed.

Congrats on your new camera!

Actually that thread is what solidified my getting the d40 for sure. I was already 95% sure, but it helped top off the last 5%. I have been researching cameras for over 6 months now so am pretty confident in my purchase.
 
I too know how you're feeling. I've (well technically my parents since I actually don't have enough myself to pay for it. I'll be paying my parents off for the next couple months) ordered a D90 and it should be coming hopefully in the next week. I'm pretty excited. My first foray into the DSLR world.
 
I bought an eBay Canon 20D (also my first DSLR) in the UK a few weeks ago, and waiting for my parents to visit me here in Spain to bring it out in two weeks time (I don't trust the Spanish postal service too much not to batter our packages, based on past experience) ... so I'll have waited about 5 weeks for mine.

I'm *normally* a patient person, but...

(I've also downloaded the manual and been studying...)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom