The Weaver's Tale

peter27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Unlike Chaucer's weaver, this man told his tale very nicely to my daughter and myself of how he had woven the shawl he was finishing the fringe of on a hand operated loom. Photo taken at the Museum of Welsh Life, near Cardiff.

View attachment 47089

Pentax K1000
Kodak 400
50mm
F2, 1/30

While the colors are quite nice and sharpness of his face, etc and framing good where this falls short for me is that his hands are both out of focus and too bright.
IMO, the crucial centers of interest here are the connection between his intent gaze and the fine movements his hands might be going through to create that cloth.
Imagine this image with in focus and well exposed hands.

While the colors are quite nice and sharpness of his face, etc and framing good where this falls short for me is that his hands are both out of focus and too bright.
IMO, the crucial centers of interest here are the connection between his intent gaze and the fine movements his hands might be going through to create that cloth.
Imagine this image with in focus and well exposed hands.

Thanks for the Feedback. I note your points, which are valid of course. Despite the flaws, I thought this one worthy of posting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back