The Wet Spot

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
480-8x10-gs-ws-3073.jpg

Beautiful! I like the way one's eyes travel up from the wet spot. Well done.

Well, I found it exciting that my eyes traveled down to the wet spot. Done well.

Thanks Mitica, Kundalini,

I'm just happy to have found the wet spot in the immense amount of surface area I had to search.

Awesome! composition is great and the sky is really dark

I wasnt sure WHAT I was gonna find with a title like that :lol: I love the shot though !! :thumbup:

Very Nice composition.
May i ask how many shots you took of this particular shot?

I wasnt sure WHAT I was gonna find with a title like that :lol: I love the shot though !! :thumbup:

:) Thanks.

Very Nice composition.
May i ask how many shots you took of this particular shot?

This is the first of 3 slightly different compositions. I spent the most time setting this one up.

Wow. All your photos are so fascinating. And I keep sending links of them to my son, the geology student! :D Maybe one day his studies will take him there on an excursion and I'll just pretend to be young again, and a student, too, and tag along, heehee ;). I would really love to see your part of the world with my own eyes one day, too.

Wow. All your photos are so fascinating. And I keep sending links of them to my son, the geology student! :D Maybe one day his studies will take him there on an excursion and I'll just pretend to be young again, and a student, too, and tag along, heehee ;). I would really love to see your part of the world with my own eyes one day, too.

Thank you LaFoto. I'd like to meet you and your son. I'm amazed and grateful that I get to live here.

Your son may find this link interesting;

Mojave Desert Geology

It is a collection of articles and virtual tours I've found, collected and assembled over the years I've been hanging out around here. Some of the photos are mine, but the text is by experts. This part of the world can really work out a geologist. I've met a few of the desert big dogs in geology, they all have sort of a glazed look in their eyes when we get to talking about the desert. These are the guys I like to hang with when I can. In fact, at the end of this April is the Desert Symposium held out at Zzyzx. The symposium is where scientists, educators and historians get together and present papers on their work. After two days we usually go on a field trip. In the past we've studied Eastern Mojave Desert geology and paleontology, Colorado River geology, Mining history and ancient travel corridors. This year we'll be studying the Western Mojave and it's relationship to the Eastern Sierra Nevada. The night before we go on our trip I'll be giving two photo presentations; first, an exploration of the western desert and eastern Sierra area through a photographer's eyes, then a tribute to the recently passed founder of the symposium, moments of quiet and beauty at Zzyzx. I'm very excited.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back