I'm full of suggestions, or at least full of something according to most people... Ohhhhh, you mean about your pictures. Got it.
What you've got are a couple of nicely executed close-ups. What I see is several more like this around a picture of the whole boat. Ideally say a total of 6 like this printed to 4x4 or so, with three above and three below a picture of the fishining boat at work, printed about 8x12 or so. In other words something to situate the viewer. Having lived on the west coast for 20+ years I recognize the downrigger reels and net winch, but I'm betting a lot of flat-landers might not.
Technically these images are good (They may be a tiny bit over-exposed, but that could also be my monitor), they just need some explanation or justification.
Well, I'm looking at them on a calibrated school monitor at the moment, and they look all right to me...
As for the context, and photos around a large picture of a fishing boat, that's a great idea, and easily executed (despite my location information, I actually live near Steveston Village).