shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Whered you get your TPF username?

to start- My name came about because i'm short... 6049 were random numbers

My third language is Spanish.
"Photograph" and "photography" in Spanish are both "fotografía", and the word is feminine. So the article to go with it is "la" ("el" goes with masculine words). As much as "photograph" gets shortened to "photo" in English, "fotografía" gets shortened to just "foto" in Spanish.

That is the whole story of my screen name. It means "ThePhoto" in Spanish. Hence the "F", too.

I made up this name because I was making fun of a friend for using the name darkkoder and it stuck.

I'm an Idoka or practitioner of iaijutsu or more commonly known as Iaidō, Iaidō is derived from Battōjutsu. My style is more to the battōjutsu as I incorperate more slashes per move prior to staying than traditional iaijutsu. Thus I commonly refer to my self on the internet as Battousai, however due to several Anime references to the name Battousai, the name is often taken and I shorten it to Battou, such was the case on FaAC. When I registered with the sister sites I opted to maintain contenuity of user name threwout the five sites for recognition. When I came here, this was no exception as I routenely link to one of those sister sites (Photo-Ludidity) to provide righer rez images posted here.

Thus is the origin of the username Battou.

*EDIT*
Pronounced Bott-oh

Mine is boring. My first two initials are A.J. - Ashley Janelle - but I didn't want to just use initials so I spelled it out. I used to want people to call me AJ when I was little, but nobody ever would. Now I am thinking about working AJ into whatever watermark or signature I use on my photos.

Mine is boring. My first two initials are A.J. - Ashley Janelle - but I didn't want to just use initials so I spelled it out. I used to want people to call me AJ when I was little, but nobody ever would. Now I am thinking about working AJ into whatever watermark or signature I use on my photos.

lol, i have been misconstrewing you name for some time now.....but I have a valid excuse.

Jay is my name, and is stated as such in official records.

Neal J Page: Steve Martin's character in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

My current avatar shows myself a bit more than a week ago (credits to Becky).

As for the name, well unimaginative describes it well here as well.

I was made an honorary member of the Utopi Indian tribe and they gave me this name - I just use a phonetic spelling.
In their language it means "he who goes places".

lol, i have been misconstrewing you name for some time now.....but I have a valid excuse.

Jay is my name, and is stated as such in official records.

What were you misconstruing it as?

Jay, huh? I have a hard time thinking of people with their real names and not their usernames. Same thing with avatars. Like thatoneguy...he will forever look like that crazy mugshot in my mind. When I see Battou I picture you as a camera-wielding ninja. :blushing:

What were you misconstruing it as?

Jay, huh? I have a hard time thinking of people with their real names and not their usernames. Same thing with avatars. Like thatoneguy...he will forever look like that crazy mugshot in my mind. When I see Battou I picture you as a camera-wielding ninja. :blushing:

I commonly IRL get called Jason, James, Jeremy...ect. all those names are commonly abrieviated to Jay even in wrighting. Being more commonly used in male names, I assumed you where a guy, I often pay more attention to the text than the image below it, sometimes I miss that wich is obvious in the avvy. :blushing:

I don't have a screen name

I commonly IRL get called Jason, James, Jeremy...ect. all those names are commonly abrieviated to Jay even in wrighting. Being more commonly used in male names, I assumed you where a guy, I often pay more attention to the text than the image below it, sometimes I miss that wich is obvious in the avvy. :blushing:

Aha...can't really fault you there. I haven't met many girl's that go by AJ. Now you've got me looking at my avvy thinking that I look like a boy, since it seems that a glance at it doesn't register as female. :confused:

(jk)

Aha...can't really fault you there. I haven't met many girl's that go by AJ. Now you've got me looking at my avvy thinking that I look like a boy, since it seems that a glance at it doesn't register as female. :confused:

(jk)

:blushing: to be honest it was not untill your first post in here that I actually looked at it, and I see it now, I just generally go on text as I have been led astray on avvies in the past

I had to edit this post because of that

Most reactions

New Topics

Back