The Wife, Lost in Corn

I tried an edit, and a crop to square. I intensified the colors a bit, and made the blacks deeper, which eliminated the flatness.
15344275978_Miriam_edit.JPG

I also added a moderate degree of vignetting, to darken all the edges of the frame, to focus more attention onto her.

Attachments

• 15344275978_Miriam_edit.JPG
    624.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 15344275978_Miriam_edit.JPG
    624.9 KB · Views: 111
I tried an edit, and a crop to square. I intensified the colors a bit, and made the blacks deeper, which eliminated the flatness.
I also added a moderate degree of vignetting, to darken all the edges of the frame, to focus more attention onto her.

I think this might be a bit too brutal and contrasty

Critique won't change how I feel about it..

Wow. Love it!

What you liked about your original was the idea of the shot.
Everyone here, because we came to it with more objectivity, saw the changes that would make it better.
The challenge for any photographer, new or experienced, is to be objective and see the changes that make the image as it is match up to the image in his/her mind's eye.

Critique won't change how I feel about it..

Wow. Love it!

What you liked about your original was the idea of the shot.
Everyone here, because we came to it with more objectivity, saw the changes that would make it better.
The challenge for any photographer, new or experienced, is to be objective and see the changes that make the image as it is match up to the image in his/her mind's eye.

Very true... Most of the time it's easier than it was with this one for some reason... I guess because this one was a surprise. I'm working on not "chimping" so I didn't really SEE this capture until I got home.

If you change it to be so bright you at least need some corn shadows on her. It looks impossibly well lit for a corn maze.

If you change it to be so bright you at least need some corn shadows on her. It looks impossibly well lit for a corn maze.
It was actually the exit, so I had a straight shot to her from where I was standing...There was no corn in front of her other than that one leaf.

Most reactions

Back