The Wood Pidgeon

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wood Pidgeon (Columba palumbus. A very common bird in the UK- a pest in fact as they decimate crops and are regularly shot

I love the subtle markings and pastel tones in this bird- so I shot him :) with my Sony a7Riv and 600mm lens

W1N5JKK.jpg

Les :)

Last edited:
Nice shot and specimen, a very pretty one with the pastel coloring. I feel the same way bout them and their looks, every day I see a bunch of them in the same spot and I'm always fascinated with their different colors and markings, I put up a pic of the group awhile back, forget the title and date. I'm just going to have to 'get on my face' and get a few snaps of each one, individually. They may spook and 'white polka dot' me but that's the chance a photographer takes, right?

Nice shot! We have pigeons here, but they seem to stay out of the neighborhood. I can walk about 50 yards from the house and find them, but they never, ever show up at the bird feeder. BTW, you dropped this "s"... here ya go...

Nice shot and specimen, a very pretty one with the pastel coloring. I feel the same way bout them and their looks, every day I see a bunch of them in the same spot and I'm always fascinated with their different colors and markings, I put up a pic of the group awhile back, forget the title and date. I'm just going to have to 'get on my face' and get a few snaps of each one, individually. They may spook and 'white polka dot' me but that's the chance a photographer takes, right?
Thank you Kirk- I always seem to find myself on my face- I really must stop drinking :)
Nice shot! We have pigeons here, but they seem to stay out of the neighborhood. I can walk about 50 yards from the house and find them, but they never, ever show up at the bird feeder. BTW, you dropped this "s"... here ya go...
Thank you Jeff- not sure what you mean about a dropped S though buddy ? Maybe I type too fast and my brain can't keep up

Les

But then again, perhaps you meant that they were pets... 😁 Pedantism is a horrible illness...
Oh you spotted a typo- sorry buddy I totally missed that :)

Nice shot. The way it's colored it looks like a decoy.

Most reactions

Back