the years first attempt at the moon.

bradsperry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so first off, thanks astrostu. that guide helped me out. straightforward and not straying off subject.

second, i've been trying to get a picture of the moon for the last four years. this year was the closest so far. i had a spot picked out by 3pm and was looking at the possibilities, holy cow .... so many options. anyways ........... this is the attempt for this year.

moonforweb-1.jpg

When this one was taken close to moon-rising, the moon certainly still was that colour. Nicely done. I've given up on trying to get good photos of the moon. I didn't even TRY to get one yesterday. I just KNOW too well about the limitations of my telezoom. It is no good.

thanks mgw and lafoto .............

yes the moon was that color, just as lafoto stated. it was taken early in the rise.

and believe it or not, lafoto. that photo was taken with a cheapy ... a canon 75-300.

Well, mine's the €169.- Sigma 70-300mm and I just KNOW it is not as good. It CAN NOT be good enough for good moon photos, look at the price... But that is the amount I can afford ...

Nice shot. I like it. The detail is good and I really like the coloring.

not too bad! I find the trees a little distracting, but it does help give the pic character, very nice :)

Well, mine's the €169.- Sigma 70-300mm and I just KNOW it is not as good. It CAN NOT be good enough for good moon photos, look at the price... But that is the amount I can afford ...

tud mir leid. :hugs:

so first off, thanks astrostu. that guide helped me out. straightforward and not straying off subject.

second, i've been trying to get a picture of the moon for the last four years. this year was the closest so far. i had a spot picked out by 3pm and was looking at the possibilities, holy cow .... so many options. anyways ........... this is the attempt for this year.

Great shot! I'm also glad to start to actually get feedback from folks using the guide ... it's been up for over a month yet it's only yesterday that someone started to let me know if it actually helped. You're the second "testimonial." :)

Gosh, that's beautiful. I tried last night with my P&S on a tripod but nada. Cannot wait for my new camera to arrive and the next full moon. Down here in New Zealand the moon looked the same, beautiful and cheesey :) Great shot.

Gosh, that's beautiful. I tried last night with my P&S on a tripod but nada. Cannot wait for my new camera to arrive and the next full moon. Down here in New Zealand the moon looked the same, beautiful and cheesey :) Great shot.

thank you

thanks to everybody ......... idaho, amber, astro, bevin, mgw, lafoto ........

That's an AWESOME shot! You should be very proud of yourself!
I was expecting the normal black background or full frame moon shot. Creatively done!
:wav:

That's an AWESOME shot! You should be very proud of yourself!
I was expecting the normal black background or full frame moon shot. Creatively done!
:wav:

thank you ........ i try to be a little different.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back