snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another challenge thread? Really?

Why, sure. But instead of photography as an outlet, this is for other forms of fine art: drawing, painting, sculpture, ceramics, even dance (post a video) are welcome. The goal here is not perfection, but to be creative and have some fun, maybe try something new. There are no prizes, no judges, and only one rule: because this thread is open to all ages, please, no nudes. We can start another thread to include human form if there is enough interest.

It's simple. Once, every few weeks, we'll post a theme. You post your original, new artwork with your interpretation of that theme as the subject. Any medium (except photography), any size.

For the time being, we'll run all of the challenges in a single thread, to see how much interest there is. Because there will initially be multiple themes in the same thread, please include the theme title as the first line of your post.

Thanks for reading, and please, participate.

The theme for May 2020: Distraction.
Distraction is both good and bad. It can divert your attention away from what you are trying to accomplish, but it can also get your mind off of things like pandemics.

Post an original, new artwork other than photography with this theme as the subject. Just add the theme as the first line in your post.

Great idea! Thanks, Bear!

Fun theme to start with. Your sketch is perfect because it's exactly what we're doing. :lol:

Okay, thinking cap on.

Thank's Terri. I'm hoping this goes somewhere and even gets someone to try drawing for the first time.

Cool, I'll have to come back, I'm distracted... (lol had to!) I have an online course on embroidery/samplers that starts shortly. I'm not used to these things where you have to, ya know, be prepared, pay attention...

And a stitch along tomorrow. The other day I did an online workshop thingy from the local college on how to draw the school mascot. I almost forgot, came in late and she had them drawing a grid, and I've taken enough art I guess I figured I could just eyeball it. Of course I couldn't find a larger sketch pad and used a small one I forgot I had!

I've got to get it together! At least have a notebook, floss, needle, embroidery scissors handy, not sure what fabric so I need to go scrounge up something.

Cool, I'll have to come back, I'm distracted... (lol had to!) I have an online course on embroidery/samplers that starts shortly. I'm not used to these things where you have to, ya know, be prepared, pay attention...

And a stitch along tomorrow. The other day I did an online workshop thingy from the local college on how to draw the school mascot. I almost forgot, came in late and she had them drawing a grid, and I've taken enough art I guess I figured I could just eyeball it. Of course I couldn't find a larger sketch pad and used a small one I forgot I had!

I've got to get it together! At least have a notebook, floss, needle, embroidery scissors handy, not sure what fabric so I need to go scrounge up something.
Sounds fun! Embroidery can be gorgeous.

I used to use comedy as a distraction while convincing students it wasn't a big deal or scary to go into the gas hut filled with tear gas.

This is a poorly rendered drawing of my patch I always wore on my CBRN suit.

cbrnbadge.jpg

This girl is my biggest distraction. Between her sitting on the clicker and changing the channel, sticking her head between me and my book or between me and my tablet, or dropping toys and tennis balls in my lap all the time, I have to say I am very distracted lately.

494D6F0F-1ED2-44E5-957D-2A62DFC8DB1E.jpeg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back