Then and now: Post an early pic and a recent pic!

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We see a lot of new photographers through this forum every day. It's amazing how many people show up here each day/week and make their first post... much like I did only 7 months ago or so.

We loose many of them, some only post a few times and never come back. Others stick around for a while.

Let's take a stroll down memory lane. Post one of your first pics you posted here asking for C&C, then post one of your more current pics. Let's see the difference in your skill/styles.

Here's one of my early pics I posted.

20081216_0435.jpg

I was so proud of that pic. Why? I have no idea. That sucker was right out of my 40D pretty much unedited. I had no idea what Lightroom was or how to use it. I certainly hadn't tinkered with it in Photoshop.

Fast forward to today. I've gotten into model photography and probably will continue down that path for a while. I really have found that I enjoy creating more artistic images, staging things, etc. than I do taking random street shots (which is where I started because I didn't know how to find models).

Here's a pic from last weekend.

562542789_zNcru-XL.jpg

Your turn! Post one of your early pics and post a current one. Try to find an old one you asked for C&C on.

Then: (the first week i got my camera)
Chesh2_4x6.jpg

Now: (about 6 months later and I think i am getting wost....)
tug5.jpg

No really i think in the beginning i was taking a ton of pictures (like 300-400 in 2 to 3 hours) and i would get 2 or 3 great pics because i was lucky. Now i am trying harder stuff like low lighting and only taking like 20 or so in a shooting. But either why i need to get into photoshop more, both of these are right out of the camera and just cropped with MS photo.

Holy cow Defy! I'd be shooting 1000 photos a day with that setup! (insert envy here) You're not getting worse, it's just when you start to know what you're doing, you also know the things you're doing wrong. Beginner's ignorance is bliss, and it seems that learning photography only makes it harder to be happier with.

Holy cow Defy! I'd be shooting 1000 photos a day with that setup!

Yeah I am fortunate to have the finances for nice stuff but that is also the reason I don't have time to do much photography during the week. I try to cram all my creativeness in on the weekends and sometimes it's just not there....

sorry for the hijack.... come on people lets see some then and nows!!!

SB, how did you light that last one? Is that done with a remote flash?

Strobist: 1 285 upper camera right @ 1/2 power through umbrella, 1 285 upper camera left highlighting the sign at 1/4 power through umbrella, both trigger by Cactus V4's.
I'm old school and cheap!

well, i've been here for over a year but i only started posting in march so not much time has gone by between my first post:
city1r.jpg

and my most recent:
baldeagle.jpg

in 3 months i've learned how to put a border on my photos....

tharmsen your quote should say -CATS instead of unknown :greenpbl:

this sounds fun.

I would play, but none of my 'old' pictures are digitized...

The only scanner I have is just for film. And I don't know where the negatives are for said old pictures...

I could take a picture of one of my old prints...

I'll do that tomorrow...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back