What's new

"Theodora" by Händel - first days of rehearsal (11 pics)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
And some photos taken on Monday and yesterday during rehearsal.
I have no time to really comment on them now, I can only put them up...

1.
Theodora-Proben_01.jpg


2.
Theodora-Proben_02.jpg


3.
Theodora-Proben_03.jpg


4.
Theodora-Proben_04.jpg


(^ Photos taken on Monday ^)


5.
Theodora-Proben_05.jpg


6.
Theodora-Proben_06.jpg


7.
Theodora-Proben_07.jpg


8.
Theodora-Proben_08.jpg


9.
Theodora-Proben_09.jpg


10.
Theodora-Proben_10.jpg


11.
Theodora-Proben_11.jpg


Now I must dash to new rehearsals.........

I hope you seriously miss me on TPF, folks ;) ;) ;)
 
Oooh... are the chains Stage Right there to turn that portion of the stage into a "private room"? If so, that's really kind of a brilliant way to make a "wall" without obstructing view. I'll have to remember that.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
The chains are meant to symbolise a prison.
Worse than a private room, I guess ;).

For this oratorio is ever so very, very full of drama!
It is not only bad enough to see the main character, "Theodora", in that prison in the course of time... she and her lover Didimus will be sentenced to death and will die at the end. Sniff-sniff. So sad.
 
Another very cool set of pics, Lafoto. (And of course we miss you terribly!) Hope all goes smoothly on Saturday.
 
How neat! I can only imagine how wonderful it must be to actually be in the audience. #4 is fantastic!
 
Yeah #4 is very cool. What a small stage! Not that that's a bad thing, the intimate little theatres like that can make the best experience.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
The performance is tonight.
Think of us (beginning at 19:00 hours Central European Time), will you? We need it.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
OK, now the performance was and it was a success (phew!) and I am still totally dissolving in the music and the storyline of the oratorio "Theodora", even today. I shall move this thread from the Snapshots to the General Gallery, since the entire work means ever so much more to me personally than words can ever express ... and the Snapshots don't do it justice. While I was actually quite limited (by my actual tasks within the production) in my photography, to me these photos taken during the rehearsals are more than just snapshots, though I could do little planning only.

I'll start a new thread with newer rehearsal photos soon, and most unfortunately rehearsal photos are the only ones I've got, I just did not have the time to even THINK about my camera during the main rehearsal (in costumes), the dress rehearsal - let alone the actual performance, when I was standing among my choir singing along in the choruses.
 
I love #4, the contrast of how still the man is with all the motion going on around him. Thank you so much for sharing these with us, because even though I wasn't there you can sense the excitement of everyone involved!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom