There is purple hint problem on gray clouds after print?

MichaelKnight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a new printer(all-in-one).I have used 4 printers in the past but I wasn't much interested in printing

photos with them, although I have printed some photos, and I had never used them for printing cloud photos.

Now, with the new printer,I printed some photos using Photoshop, Windows Paint and also Image Viewer.The

problem which I notice most is some purple tint on the photos which include gray clouds.

I found these photos on internet and them printed them using my new printer.After that, I scanned the photos using the same printer.I wonder why clouds have the purple tint which I don't see in the original picture when I look at the photo on my Windows Pc monitor.

I am posting both the original photos and the scanned photos after printing:

Last edited:
Please do not post images to which you do not hold rights. You may post links.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post images to which you do not hold rights. You may post links.

I can post the link of the original photo but if I send the link of the original photo printed and then scanned by me for testing, I think it would be not allowed too, so people forget about the photos but I think you can still help me to solve purple tint on gray clouds problem.

I did printhead cleaning a few days ago using the printer's driver and it warns against using it often cause this process wastes some ink.A few minutes ago I cleaned the printheads again and now purple hint problem went away, though now I see a rainbow like banding at the right of the paper.

Sounds like this should be in the digital section as this section is for wet darkroom printing not ink jet.

Yeah, I had thought this section included inkjet printing too, I posted into a wrong section, sorry.

Yeah, I had thought this section included inkjet printing too, I posted into a wrong section, sorry.
Here you go; this is the right place. (When a place like TPF uses words like "Darkroom," you have to think it through. ;) )

Hopefully you'll get some more helpful advice here on your printing issue.

I'm not the guy to help, but you might get more helpful responses if you share what kind of printer you're using.

Thanks for moving this thread into the right place :)

Now, I should say I solved the banding problem in addition to purple tint problem by printer-head cleaning and aligning the printer-head.

But I have another problem now with my printer( Epson Ecotank L3060).I noticed that, if I select "Epson Premium Glossy" in the printer settings and print on an Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper, it's blacks are not very deep and worse is that though blacks look good under any lighting in my room(there are four different types of lighting in my room) when I go near a window in daylight, the blacks have greenish tint.

But if I choose "Plain Paper" in the printer settings and then print on either a plain paper or an Epson Premium Glossy photo paper, the blacks are much darker/deeper and they don't change to green under daylight.

For example, the original picture in this link:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/351468503628-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

The mask on her face has some green tones on it when I print with Epson Premium Glossy setting as paper type and use Epson Premium Glossy photo paper, under daylight near a window.Though still, the blacks on the bottle in the same photo don't change color, even under daylight or at least I am not able to notice it.

How can I solve this problem other than using "Plain Paper" mode?I tried printer-head cleaning 3 times and then aligned the printhead again but they didn't cause any change.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back