There should be a forum called "Photos Only."

primefactor123

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This should be added. That way, people could look at pictures without any surrounding text. Some may think text creates clutter. If admin sees text, they can remove it. Not sure if this is necessary, but I'm just putting it out there.

I've signed up to a forum that had that. It drove me NUTS!
If someone displays a nice image why shouldn't we be able to discuss how it was done, or how it's inspired us...

I very rarely post on that forum now.

Without input, how do we know what is attractive and pleasing to others? How do we know it is not?

The purpose of a forum is to discuss things. That's the definition of a forum. If you wanna look at photos, just google wallpapers.

No the text is part of the story the pic is telling. As other have said it’s good to Beale to talk about the images
You don’t have to add text
I am in the uk and sometimes the text help explain an image from say someone in the USA
So I would be against a image only
But you could start a image only thread just to see what happens, peeps can then post on it or not as they please

The forums do have a gallery feature, that said the main reason many come to forums instead of image hosts is to communicate and chat with others about our photography hobby. So conversation is something we'd prefer to encourage rather than discourage.

This should be added. That way, people could look at pictures without any surrounding text. Some may think text creates clutter. If admin sees text, they can remove it. Not sure if this is necessary, but I'm just putting it out there.
You view "surrounding text" as "clutter" - but that is the interactive and community of having others around to discuss photography. To toss out that the admins can just spend their time removing text is way out of bounds of what is expected here. ;)

I appreciate what you're saying, because a lot of discussions can wander off topic, but all of the responses you've gotten here are actually in keeping with the intent and culture of our forum: to post your images for learning purposes, feedback or discussion, and view the work of others for the same reasons. Without discussion, this would not be a forum of interaction or a community of photographers - just a viewing gallery. If that's more in line with what you enjoy, that's fine, too - there are plenty of places on the internet for that purpose.

You could always just post your work in our Just for Fun Gallery - that one was designed to be very casual, and actually discourages feedback on the image itself.

There are also photo themes on this site, where people typically just post photos of the theme. There might be some discussion, but it’s usually limited.

You guys all have very good points. I'll check out "Just For Fun." In fact, I'll post some Toronto photography there.

There is one ... Gallery

Go to forums then scroll down to photo galleries and there you will find lots of photographs.

I will disagree with out the disagree button and just say if it was not for text and discussion on feed back i have gotten when i first started with digital photography march 2013 it would have taken me much longer to learn wildlife photography. I have received some great advice and read a lot about how other wildlife photographers set up the focus system of the camera what shutter speeds they where generally shooting at and so fourth. I post pictures to Facebook and sometimes have not put any text to the image and either was asked at least by one or more people what was your settings or where was this taken. I think Many people like a little back story or where the photo was taken or what camera settings where used otherwise might as well just look at stock photos all day boring IMO.

There is one ... Gallery
I’d like to point out that the gallery can include NSFW photos, so just be aware of that before clicking on the link.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back