They hatched! (Spider warning) [updated with new pictures]

Pyromaniac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been poking around on my back porch and backyard trying to get cool macro photos, yesterday I got this shot of mom and her egg sack:

spiderweggs.jpg

Well I went back out today and noticed a little white blur around the egg sack, so I got some shots of the newborns :)

newborn-spiders.jpg

Not the best quality, still having a hard time getting good focus on the closest macros. Hopefully they live a long happy life keeping my back porch clear of bugs =)

Hehe was reading about spiders the other day, this was for a specific species but aparantly _most_ of the spiders don't survival due to canibalism. Out of a thousand or so, about 10 would live.

(was about black widows)

Keep trying, if you can get a clear shot it'd be an amazing shot.

Pyromaniac said:
Must've killed my bandwidth.. should be working now :)

Yep ;) tis working again.......arachnaphobiac's nightmare material - awesome!! :lol:

Have you got some more photos of the kids?

sue

I used to live in a very old house with horsehair plaster walls in desperate need of replacement. Well in the bathroom there was a large crack in the ceiling and one day I walked in and at the edge of my vision the ceiling was squirming. I looked up and hundreds of little baby spiders were streaming out of the crack. Once they were all out I promptly used hair spray to stick them in place. They sort of disappeared when they flattened. Later on we patched the crack and painted the ceiling, resulting in a very faint "textured" look. As far as I know the new owners are unaware that thier bathroom ceiling is a spider baby tomb. :twisted:

I went out again today and tried some new settings, with the flash. Turned out a little better.. These guys are just so tiny I don't think I'm gonna get much better without a macro lens or something.

I also learned today they already have functioning spinnerettes, a gust of wind blew through the screen and hit them, causing 2 to fall, but they just climbed right back up their invisible silk string :)

eggsac.jpg

eggsac2.jpg

eggsac3.jpg

Great shots on that second set. I can't help thinking of Charlotte's web...where's Wilbur??

Just didn't want to start a new thread. I caught him eating while I went for a smoke.

lunch.jpg

And I'm scared of spiders. It was taken at a 300mm focal length.

GROSS!!! The one thing I am afraid of. Spiders! Creepy

What kind of spider is that Hobbes? I've seen one like that in my backyard

Most reactions

New Topics

Back