What's new

Things in the Sky Series

Mike Lamb

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
1,641
Reaction score
598
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit












 
Last edited:
Something about this makes me smile and chuckle. The tape measure... It's so abstract. I love it.
 
The Black Heel! I like that one as much as the banana (posted weeks ago).

I'd like to see all of the shots in the series in one post.
 
You must get some sideways glances from your neighbors. :D
 
Is this post processing or actual shot of an object thrown against the sky outside? Either way, very cool.
 
The Black Heel! I like that one as much as the banana (posted weeks ago).

I'd like to see all of the shots in the series in one post.

I added my other sky pics up top. These are items I have hung from my clothes line in the back yard. I just have to hope no one is watching me lying on my back taking pictures of bananas, etc.
 
You need a cat. Then the collection will be complete. ;)
 
You know, I was totally hoping you actually threw these things in the air and grabbed pics as they fell. Oh well, I'll just keep believing you threw them. :mrgreen:
 
When I first saw the banana shot, I was impressed by the ingenuity of the idea but successive shots leave me a little empty because of the commonality of the sky in several of them and the lighting on the objects which for the most part is flat and lifeless. Other than taking a chance of getting whacked by a hammer, a careful setup might actually allow you to shoot them in their refusal to defy gravity and get lighting that fits the subject which will provide real time drama.

Oh, and speaking of the hammer, I used to have one just like that.....hmmmmmmm
 
My favorites are the chair, banana, and the shoe.

Some ideas to consider ... you have two shoes, and two hardware items. Consider using one or the other in these situations for the finished series.

By decontextualizing the banal object and setting it against the beauty of the cerulean blue of the sky, it is highlighted and deconstructed outside of its normal grounding and thus derives a unique pathos as one of the objects of the material world, seen in a new light.

A few larger objects, like the chair, would be a nice juxtaposition against smaller items.

Any luck getting a fridge or car up there?

JK.
 
Thanks all for your comments.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom