Thinking about upgrading to 6D from the 60D

incxalx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everybody,

As the title states, i plan on upgrading to the 6D. I shoot a little bit of everything: birds, city skylines(day and night), sports(very very little) and vactions. i and no professional by any means.
My main problem with the 60D is the image quality. my pictures are very fuzzy, a bit noisy, and overall dull. i shoot on manual and in RAW. I'm wondering if the 6D has better IQ because its "full-frame"?
The lenses i own are: Canon 10-22mm, 50mm f1.4, 24-70L f2.8 ii and 70-200L f2.8 IS ii

Anything will help,

Thanks you.

While the 60D is a pretty old camera I don't think it should produce fuzzy pictures.
From the look of it you have very good lenses so either there is a problem with your camera or your technic.
If you are shooting with shutter speed too slow then you will get camera shake.
I learned everybody is different and their shutter speed should be different.

If you buy the 6D then mostly you will get a beast of a camera in low light but I am not sure if you will get a better IQ.

I would upgrade to the 6D but that's because I really want to move to full frame but I am not sure if this is the right move for you.
Be sure first the 60D is ok and you technic is not the cause of these fuzzy pictures

Hello everybody,

As the title states, i plan on upgrading to the 6D. I shoot a little bit of everything: birds, city skylines(day and night), sports(very very little) and vactions. i and no professional by any means.
My main problem with the 60D is the image quality. my pictures are very fuzzy, a bit noisy, and overall dull. i shoot on manual and in RAW. I'm wondering if the 6D has better IQ because its "full-frame"?
The lenses i own are: Canon 10-22mm, 50mm f1.4, 24-70L f2.8 ii and 70-200L f2.8 IS ii

Anything will help,

Thanks you.

Well first you need to figure out exactly why your current images are fuzzy, noisy and dull, without knowing nobody can say weather or not a new camera will help you or not.

Fuzzy images could be from camera shake, a new camera could not fix that shooting at a faster shutter speed would.

If the noise you are seeing if from poor ISO performance then a new camera may help if it's from something else a new camera nay not help.

You say your images come out dull, but you also say you are shooting raw. That's actually normal. Raw files always need some post processing to make them pop. A new camera would not help there.

If the photos from the 60D are fuzzy and dull, the photos from a 6D will probably be fuzzy and dull.

I really don't think those problems are due to the camera...

If the photos from the 60D are fuzzy and dull, the photos from a 6D will probably be fuzzy and dull.

I really don't think those problems are due to the camera...
I agree with you but in general this issue it could be a problem with the camera.
I had a Nikon D7000 with issues that gave me soft pictures.
No setting change made any different and even Nikon cervise helped, I upgraded to the D7100 and all problems are gone.
In the occasions that I do get soft pics is because of me and not the camera but most of the time the pictures are sharp.

If the issue is fuzzy and dull, there is a high chance it is not camera related issue especially dull photos. Post some examples here and see.

$IMG_6225.jpg maybe my expectations are too high? what do you guys think about this photo? i will post another picture of downtown LA at night soon.

I'll let everyone else help you figure of what's wrong with your camera, but I've been researching the 6d so I thought I would throw my 2c in. Keep in mind I'm hardly a camera expert.

For what you are shooting (sports and wildlife) I think the focusing system *might* be a problem. Apparently the focus points are not cross points and don't do so well with moving subjects. Everything I have read says it is not the right camera for sports. That might be something to consider when you research further.

If the issue is fuzzy and dull, there is a high chance it is not camera related issue especially dull photos. Post some examples here and see.
Picture was added!

Thanks

Would you mind posting your settings used on this photo?

Oh, and I really like that viewpoint of Downtown LA with Dodger Stadium.

Would you mind posting your settings used on this photo?

Oh, and I really like that viewpoint of Downtown LA with Dodger Stadium.

Lens used was 24-70mm f2.8 ii at 24mm f/11 iso 400

I have been using a 60d for 2 years now and even though I've just upgraded to FF I won't be parting with my 60d. I get great BIF shots. One question how have you processed this, it's just it looks like an unprocessed RAW on mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

New Topics

Back