Thinking of Entering a Photo Contest!!!

freeflydive

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gallery.me.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! I've been a member of the forum for a few months, but this is the first time I've been brave enough to post photos! I'm thinking of entering a small photo contest and was wondering if I could get a little bit of C&C love from the group. :)

Thanks,
Majdi

Photo #1 (Iraqi Army Truck Speeding)
3383227496_0faa82bb9f.jpg

Photo #2 (Threesome on a Moped)
3382424261_2406cfacbf.jpg

Photo #3 (Seashells on the Shore)
3382424225_7e0ea476f3.jpg

Photo #4 (The Gang)
3382424237_7d80f4a8ee.jpg

Photo #5 (Returning to Iraq)
3383227484_d8995c228d.jpg

Photo #6; (They Lost One of their Own)
3382424249_c6f7ef2e6c.jpg

Number two is really good, capturing various contrasts; togetherness/emptiness, motion/stillness and the contrasty colours of the main subject/pastels of the background. It's interesting to muse on how much less well it would have worked with a more saturated sky.

Numbers 4,5 and 6 are excellent photojournalism shots and number 5 in particular is very striking and unusual.

I would have thought you'd stand a good chance of some success with some of these.

I agree that also to me Photos 2 and 5 are the most striking!
Particularly 5 is an insight few will ever get, plus it is very well done!
Good luck - you might come out of that contest with quite some success!

Thanks you both for the feedback and support. I'm still a baby when it comes to photography like many on the forum, learning as I go alone. Unfortunately visibility was very limited with sand storms brewing when I took photos photos 1, 2 & 6. I have a few more posted on my mac web gallery...you're welcome to give me feedback on any bad habits you notice me repeating.

Cheers,
Majdi

#3 is a pretty bad butt shot, and that ruins it for me, even though the rest of the scene is pretty.

#1,2,4 and 6 are really nice and I like them.

#5 is incredible. I think it belongs in TIME. Exposure and lighting are great, and it really conveys what it must feel like to be headed back over there. I think an unbelievable two part series, would be that image and the stark contrast of another similar shot of the plane going back home. Great shot.

#4 & #5 are really stand-outs for me. Something I'd picture seeing in a magazine i.e. Newsweek, and/or Time. Nice job.

Read the rules & conditions of any photo contest very carefully. Many of them now state that, by entering, you agree to relinquish the rights to your photograph(s), and they may use them however they see fit.

I very much like #2 -- it's one of your best here. However, I would definitely ditch #3 -- nice sky and ocean, but the people are arranged in a strange fashion that makes it kind of unpleasant.

#4 and 5 are incredible. Ditch number 1 and photoshop the butt guy out in number 3.

Read the rules & conditions of any photo contest very carefully. Many of them now state that, by entering, you agree to relinquish the rights to your photograph(s), and they may use them however they see fit.
I have to agree here only enter sites in which you retain all rights to the photos and, you want it where they have very limited rights to it.
On the photos I agree that 4&5 are the money shots.

Number 5 is sick. You could easily sell that one. By sick I mean badass

I like all of them EXCEPT the first one. Something about it, to plain maybe?

I think the only one that stands a chance is #5

the bend over in 3 kills it.

but like others have said....5 is an incredible shot.
really well done.

Most reactions

Back