Third time a charm??

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Be honest...and I am adding.. I know the pictures or not interesting... My "theme" was.. Is my camera broken, or do I not know how to use the focus on it.

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

I know the lighting is off..
IMG_2862.jpg

4. Lighting not right.
IMG_2850.jpg

Last edited:
I honestly cannot tell what you were going for.
I guess if I had to pick the best of the three, it would be the first one. But I'm not really a fan :(
sorry!

One tip that I recently got that I think might help you also...

Use a smaller aperture (higher f/#), and a tripod... the reason I mention the tripod is because when you use a smaller aperture, you are letting less light in so you will need the shutter to stay open longer... Once you get past a shutter speed of 1/50, it is very difficult to hold the camera steady enough in your hand to keep from getting motion blur ;)

None of these are very interesting to me, especially the photos from starbucks. It doesn't look like you put a whole lot of thought into the composition either. What idea / mood were you trying to portray with the car keys and starbucks cup? Was there a theme behind the shots? Same thing for the magazine. As for the garden hose... well, it's a garden hose. If you got up closer and filled the frame with the hose in much better lighting (not all in shadow) it might become somewhat of an abstract shot, but as it is now I really just don't see anything that interests me in it.

she's going for focus ;)

She's not really worried about composition... She's been trying to make sure her camera isn't broken ( ;) ) and she just wants to make sure she is understanding how to focus :)

Danielle, correct me if I'm wrong ;) lol

she's going for focus ;)

She's not really worried about composition... She's been trying to make sure her camera isn't broken ( ;) ) and she just wants to make sure she is understanding how to focus :)

Danielle, correct me if I'm wrong ;) lol

Jeffielove,

YOU ARE 100% correct. Yeah, I think they are boring too.. I am going for focus. I was at starbucks this morning reading my EOS 7D for dummies whenI took the Starbucks shot.

I can tell you it is user error, check your shutter speeds , the last shot was 1/30 @ 44mm flash did not fire what do you expect :confused:, i have told you about shutter speeds before. Instead of getting uptight about focus get out and shoot someting interesting

So, it's all good?

As far as I can tell, yeah. The biggest thing degrading the image quality is the jpeg compression, that might be from photobucket.

Also, make sure your format is JPEG with the "Curved" L. Looks like (L sort of. That's the highest quality JPEG setting (at least it is on my rebel) - unless you're shooting in RAW.

Kudos for hanging in there and not giving up.

Gary- I listen when you all talk.. I think it's best to get focus down.. then the next step. My intention isn't to take amazing pictures like some of you..

I had the camera set on TV or TV, and I am sure most cameras are like mine.. But in case they aren't.. The flash won't go off unless I pop it open. Like I said, I was going for focus...

I can tell you it is user error, check your shutter speeds , the last shot was 1/30 @ 44mm flash did not fire what do you expect :confused:, i have told you about shutter speeds before. Instead of getting uptight about focus get out and shoot someting interesting

Gary- I listen when you all talk.. I think it's best to get focus down.. then the next step. My intention isn't to take amazing pictures like some of you..

I had the camera set on TV or TV, and I am sure most cameras are like mine.. But in case they aren't.. The flash won't go off unless I pop it open. Like I said, I was going for focus...

You will not get a clear image unless you have a fast enough shutter speed no matter how well you focus the shot, this is something you must get into your head and you also have to think about your focal length and shutter speed

You will not get a clear image unless you have a fast enough shutter speed no matter how well you focus the shot, this is something you must get into your head and you also have to think about your focal length and shutter speed

+1 He is absolutely correct I cant tell you how many times I took a ton of pictures of something and they came out blurry. All because the shutter speed was to slow or I was not able to hold the lens steady. Do you have a tripod ? If so put it on a tripod better yet set it on your table and take a picture of something using the time delay. Then check the focus. Good Luck!

Oh, and I will be honest with you all.. I was so frustrated by some of the comments I get here.. I had no desire to use my camera. I forgot how to change my f/stop AND the shutter speed..

I REALLY AM NOT THIS LAME IN OTHER ASPECTS OF MY LIFE!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back