This cant be good

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As some might have read in my 47 posts about it, my daughter grabbed my camera and slammed it on the ground. she is 15 months old, it really wasnt that hard, so it seemed. My 50mm f/1.8 broke but it was that plastic build...seems like it was easy to break...but then I went on a shoot today with my camera and other lenses (including an L that i am renting).

In several low light shots I got this
IMG_9164CR2-1.jpg

It also seemed really slow to fire, was searching alot. just a real pain in the butt...not normal, felt like a cheep digital p&s. Do you think my shutter might be busted?

:(:thumbdown::x:x:(:(:(:(:(:(:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

- Does it do this with all leses or just your 50?

-Maybe take the lens to a local store and test it out on another camera.

Eliminate if it is just the lens, the camera or both. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it is just the lens, but I have to admit... your pic concerns me. It looks like it is more than just the lens that suffered some damage.

In a previous post, I got the impression that your child dropped just the lens, not the whole camera. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

no this wasnt with the 50...the 50 is in 4 peices. it only happened inside without flash on M...was under exposed. but i never have seen it before. and with the two lenses i used today, it just seemed sluggish

i did get some good photos...nothing amazing

Try with another lens, but honestly that doesn't appear to be a lens problem. This is way too regular, your noise pattern is a giant grid! This is more like what a CCD problem would do.

ccd?

it int the lens...my 50 is totally busted. this is a unbroken lens

oh, this only happened on 4 photos out of 200. but it wasnt really acting right the rest of the time...slow to respond i guess.

It either isn't picking light as it should, or the CCD is generating a lot more noise than usual. Either way, not good.

The main sensor that captures the light and converts it into digital data that is then placed on your disk (after any internal camera processing is applied to it).

Basically, if it is the CCD, thats not a good thing, but its not guarantee that this is the issue. It could be something else. Time to send the camera in to be diagnosed. Work with it a little onger and see if you know what to do to coinsistantly recreate this phenomenon before considering to send it on for diagnosis/repair. Make sure to share this info if/when you send it in for repair.

:( well there goes photography :(

not so happy right now

I had the same thing happen to my A100 but I didn't drop it. It wasn't that bad at first but the more pics I took the worse it got. I took it to the camera shop I purchased it from and we tested it against a new one out of the box and one of the employees had one 2. Even though the camera was 6 months old they gave me a brand new one right there. They said it was the CCD sensor was starting to go out. I'd say your looking at getting some repair work done.

There is a camera repair shop in the Bellaire Triangle, you may try taking it there just to see if they can give you a verbal on it. Near the corner of Bissonet and Bellaire.

I am sorry to hear about the accident, its tough to keep my 16 month away too.

Freedbaby

thanks freed. what is it called? How did the engagment shoot go?

I'm sorry to say that looks like a sensor is dead. If it were normal noise it would be irregular. But this will need to go to the shop.

Most reactions

Back