This crap HAS TO STOP.

Welcome to the Police State of America.

Guilty until proven inno................ ah, heck..................... you're just guilty!

This doesn't tell the whole story... the Tribune supposed news service is about one step above a tabloid, they borrow/steal/rewrite/whatever stories from apparently legit newspapers and media sources. (And the reason I also see this stuff on MSN is having email and I've sent feedback on some of the tabloidy crap they've had on their site that seems to be spreading less than accurate info. For all the good it'll do...).

But anyway, the family/parents went to the police station then did NOT initially file a complaint. (The police said they found out initially thru social media.) Apparently by the next day they were considering doing so - and got a lawyer... Instead they'd put it on social media commenting on the f'in guns drawn and asking Facebook 'fam to 'make this piece of s@$% go viral'.

I know from the type work I did that if the police come in, you cooperate and let them sort it out. One of my coworkers ended up in the middle of a drug bust once. The officers will figure out who's who and what's what but in this case had to go in expecting that these people were the reported robbers. And yes they had kids with them, but even at 12 and certainly at 16 they can look like young adults. I feel for the 9 year old, and wish it could have been handled differently for her sake; unfortunately there are drug deals and robberies carried out with those involved in criminal activity having their kids present.

Certainly there are situations of racial profiling or mistreatment and it's something that shouldn't be tolerated and needs improvement. Maybe the officers mishandled it, maybe the people are looking for others to sympathize on social media, etc. but it seems better to not jump to conclusions til it's investigated and video reviewed.

............I wouldn't put too much faith in internal investigations.............

IAD investigations usually results in "The officer could have handled the situation better. The officer received 2 days off with pay."

we've investigated ourselves and found ourselves to have done no wrongdoing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back