This is a loaded question...

lee_alkureishi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi folks,

first time posting in this particular forum - I've got a huge question to ask tho :p

I was at an American Football match this afternoon with my camera (D70, Bigma) and met a fellow photographer. He suggested I might consider selling the photographs I take to earn extra cash.

I got to thinking about this, and decided I would look into it a bit further. Bear in mind, I'm not looking to become a pro photographer or anything like that. But, I am interested to know whether other folks think that any of my photos are saleable.

Putting all the business aspects of professional photography aside, I'd like to see whether I can produce photos of a high enough standard. I've seen some pretty awful stuff for sale on the web (and some crazy prices, too...).

So, I've produced a slideshow of the better pictures from today's session. This is the result of one 3-hour match, then 2-3 hours on the PC afterwards. The flash slideshow is 1.5megs in size.

www.alkureishi.com/pyros/pics.htm

I would very much appreciate anyone's thoughts on this topic. As I said, it's not really a realistic option for me - but, I'm interested to see what people think. FWIW, I don't think these images are great (I don't usually shoot sports), but wonder if they're "good enough".

Thanks in advance for taking the time to look. If you're interested, you can check out the rest of my gallery at www.alkureishi.com

Best regards,

Leeko

im not really authorized to judge these things, but in my opinion youve got a few keepers in there. I think everything that captures the emotion of whats going on is always a keeper/winner shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back