This made me nervous

BasilFawlty

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
September a year ago, on our way to Las Vegas from Albuquerque for my Nephew's wedding, we stopped for a couple days in Arizona. One place I had to visit was Horseshoe bend (very famous and highly photographed spot along the Colorado river near Page, AZ. I did manage to get some pretty cool pictures, but I also snapped a couple of some people playing fast and loose with safety. There was no safety fence and people could get as close as they wanted to the cliff that dropped down to the river. Some of the tourists were making be very nervous with how close they got to the edge, with some actually sitting on the edge of the cliff. If and of the ground had broken loose they'd have been dead.

This girl, for example, seemed to have no fear of her precarious seating.

Horseshoe_Girl_Ledge-1.jpg

Or these folks sitting on the edge of a very high cliff.
Horseshoe_People_Ledge-1.jpg

I must be either be getting wiser with age, or becoming a big wuss, because there is no way I would sit on the edge like that. In my youth it probably wouldn't have bothered me. Nice shots. :)

I must be either be getting wiser with age, or becoming a big wuss, because there is no way I would sit on the edge like that. In my youth it probably wouldn't have bothered me. Nice shots. :)

I'm with you.

Makes me nervous just looking at the pictures. ugh.

And I remember some of the dumb stuff I used to do when I was a kid. ugh

As we get older I think we realise that like cats we only have so many lives#chances# in our youth we use up a few more than we maybe should over the years someone up there has looked after me.

Great photos...but oh yes...not me!

Makes me nervous just looking at the pictures. ugh.

And I remember some of the dumb stuff I used to do when I was a kid. ugh

As we get older I think we realise that like cats we only have so many lives#chances# in our youth we use up a few more than we maybe should over the years someone up there has looked after me.

Just getting close enough to the edge to get the shot I wanted was making my knees wobbly (and I was using a tripod).

Horseshoe After.jpg

I think I would crop out the foot on the left but either way it's an awesome shot.

Most reactions

Back