Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_7301.jpg

IMG_7218-1.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg

IMG_7238.jpg

IMG_7264.jpg

IMG_7282.jpg

These are absolutely great. I've gotten some decent macro larger bug shots but last week I really tried to get a tiny crab spider in it's web and I got absolutely nowhere no matter what I did. My digital camera's macro settings just plain suck! If the bug isn't at least 3" long it's pretty useless. I always envy people who get beautiful shots like these.

Lovely, soft,delicate lighting on these!

These are absolutely great. I've gotten some decent macro larger bug shots but last week I really tried to get a tiny crab spider in it's web and I got absolutely nowhere no matter what I did. My digital camera's macro settings just plain suck! If the bug isn't at least 3" long it's pretty useless. I always envy people who get beautiful shots like these.

It takes a lot of patience, a fair amount of luck, and a big recycling bin to put the zillions of images that DON'T work out :)

What are you using for macro?

This was actually a very straightforward setup --

Canon 7D
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro (handheld)
Canon 430EX + Lumiquest Softbox on-camera (although I usually take it off)

BTW, I don't think I've ever seen a green bee before.

The backlight worked well on the first shot. Very nice

Thanks! That's the only one of the bunch done without flash -- it could actually have used a little fill.

Thanks! That's the only one of the bunch done without flash -- it could actually have used a little fill.
yeah i see that, I do like how the light comes through the head area tho. Really pops out the eyes well.

Great shots Ian. Glad to see you posting some more macros.....I think 3, 4, and 5 are my favs.....really like #3. You nailed the focus perfect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back