This page has the worst spam

orljustin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I can't even read anything any more, because these stupid full page uncloseable 'contest' ads pop up and I have to reload and stop the load fast.

Fix this. The site is unusable on a phone.

Attachments

• IMG_2894.PNG
    IMG_2894.PNG
    240.3 KB · Views: 283
It has nothing to do with"rebooting my phone". It's the ads they're serving up, only here.

Ok
I had thto exact same problem on my phone with this website.
So I was only offering up the solution to me of the exact same problem.
Good luck.

I never get pop ups on this site. Are younusing the app or a browser? I'm on via Google Chrome browser.

Moved to feedback/help subsection.

I don't use mobile devices to surf so I can't comment on the issue at hand. If the solutions suggested by others earlier fail to work please report back here to the thread. If need be I can report this higher to the techs - it would be helpful to have full details as to what device and software and what versions you're using and exactly when and how you're encountering the problem and how repeatable it is. The more details the better.

Not the site my friend, nor is it anything to do with Walmart. You have a malware, in your phone's browser. Some of them can be a real PITA. Fortunately for you the Walmart Card one isn't that difficult to clear. You can either download a malware app that will remove it and block future, or you can do what I do when they crop up.
  1. The second you see it pop up, start hitting the return button on your phone as quickly as you can, keep hitting it until it returns to the tab before the site you tried to enter.
  2. Clear your browsing history, all of it.
  3. Now reboot your phone. It should be gone now.
If hitting the return key multiple times fails to take you back. then turn your phone off. Reboot in safe mode, open browser and follow steps 2-3.

Not necessarily malware. I had a persistent pop-up when I got the new phone (but not the computer) - only had it here. Ad blocker got rid of it.

edit: just "whitelisted" TPF and the popup has returned: promotefine.com
Pops up when I go to log in, hitting the "close" button on the ad takes you to their site. It's not consistent, though - popped up once, didn't on a reload, came back on next reload.
iPhone 6S, IOS 10.3.2, Safari

Last edited:
Not necessarily. I had a persistent pop-up when I got the new phone (but not the computer) - only had it here. Ad blocker got rid of it.

And that is how it works. It is an adware that attaches itself such that anytime you try to visit a site it loads the popup. That doesn't mean it came from the TPF site, it could have loaded with a previous site you visited either intentional or unintentionally. One thing I do find annoying (and again it's not TPF, but Google's targeted advertising), when I first load TPF I have to give it time to load the log in, otherwise you can accidentally click on one of the ads google is trying to force feed you.

Not necessarily. I had a persistent pop-up when I got the new phone (but not the computer) - only had it here. Ad blocker got rid of it.

And that is how it works. It is an adware that attaches itself such that anytime you try to visit a site it loads the popup. That doesn't mean it came from the TPF site, it could have loaded with a previous site you visited either intentional or unintentionally. One thing I do find annoying (and again it's not TPF, but Google's targeted advertising), when I first load TPF I have to give it time to load the log in, otherwise you can accidentally click on one of the ads google is trying to force feed you.

TPF was the first site visited on this phone.

TPF was the first site visited on this phone.

Android??? and are you using chrome and google? If so, it likely transferred or came in on an ad from google.

No. iPhone & Safari. Ad blocker removed it so it's is staying active for now.

No. iPhone & Safari. Ad blocker removed it so it's is staying active for now.

I know there is a similar adwsre on those, but I'm not sure if the same techniques I use on android will work there.

It's an iPhone running safari. There's no malware. That's the point of using an iPhone. This is the only place I've ever seen it.

I've been having the same problem for a few months, both on my iPhone and on my iPad. Both with safari, and only when I come here, whether logged in or not. If I turn off cookies then clear my history, it goes away. But when I want to login here to actually post, I have to turn on cookies, and eventually I get that pop up again.

Most reactions

Back